What's new

The Eternal Angelriffic Thread (Merged) (1 Viewer)

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
This blows the Angel has his soul and it is all part of a dastardly plan that only Wesley is in on
theory that a friend and I have been discussing. The prior episode really lends some weight to that but this episode makes it a bit harder to believe. Still possible, though, but I doubt it. Did the big fight last night remind anyone else of one of the big fights in Blade 2? As soon as I saw the set up where Murry (Maury?) was setting up his sales booth, I thought "humph, looks like Blade 2 set" and then the fight happens in and around the scafolding and I was convinced! It was neat, though. They need to send their choreographer over to Buffy. Spice it up a bit over there.

Phil

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Anyone get nervous when they saw Andy Hallett added to the opening credits (meaning he might bite it in this episode)? :D

I am having a hard time watching Faith the Punching Bag 2 weeks in a row. It's got the classic Pro Wrestling storyline vibe where the "good guy" gets pummelled for a long time, and then finally comes through to give us that dramatic conclusion to the battle. But it's just tough to watch Faith get knocked around all over creation.

I don't think the final scene is anymore than a breather in the fight between Angelus and Faith. I don't expect Faith to be turned, maybe weakened by some blood loss.

I did think it was funny that in the shower scenes that the "facial cuts" got washed away by the water (chalk it up to miraculous Slayer healing, I guess). :)

You have to love Wes's arc in both Buffy and Angel. He's come a long long way from the prim and proper Watcher in season 3 of Buffy. He's downright nasty and can dish it out when he needs to squeeze info from other humans.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Okay, based on last night, my recommendation to avoid the spoilers in the TV guide description for next week's episode is about 10 times more emphatic than it was before.

Regards,

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Some folks have speculated that it's the child growing inside Cordy who is calling the shots. My question would be:

If Cordy wasn't "bad" before she conceived, then who was the Beast's Master during Reign of Fire (which provided the opportunity for conception)?

Barry Woodward

Second Unit
Angelus killed a few demons and took out the Beast but has yet to kill a human on screen. He's been mean and he did bite Faith but why haven't the writers had him kill any humans? So far he is working for the good guys whether it is intentional or not.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, that was a whole heck of a lot better than last week's underwhelming episode.

Of course, it wasn't really an episode of Angel; it could serve as a back-door pilot for a Faith: The Vampire Slayer series. Because, despite all the running around by the other characters, that's really what this episode was about: Watching Faith struggle with her fears. She knows exactly what she's capable of, mentally and physically, and she doesn't trust herself. That's the hook to use if Heroine doesn't get picked up and Mutant Enemy can convince Ms. Dushku to do a Faith series: She wants to do the right thing but is scared of where it might lead.

Otherwise, it's a "running in place" episode, though better than most. Adding Lorne to the opening credits really served to point up how unweildy the cast is getting, and I'd sure like to know what this Cordelia-impersonator wants.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
Okay, based on last night, my recommendation to avoid the spoilers in the TV guide description for next week's episode is about 10 times more emphatic than it was before.
Did the teaser for next week's episode give anything major away? Or am I still safe from whatever it is TV Guide revealed?

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H

My guess would be that IF this is the case, the Big Bad was inside of Cordy all along, and used the chance to conceive as an opportunity to corporealize.

But, I'm not sure that the "child" is really calling the shots...

David Egan

Stunt Coordinator
We haven't seen Angelus kill a human but it's absurd to think he hasn't done it, so why are they avoiding the issue? Are we to think he's drinking pig's blood? More to the point, he has to kill somebody important or it makes him look like a non-threat who's all talk. I was hoping for better for Faith but it looks like she may be serving that purpose. Of course it would be most dramatic if Faith was turned. She would be formidable but I think would remain conflicted.

James T

Screenwriter
We saw Angelus attempt to kill humans. Remember when he first broke out? He walked the streets, but everyone he ran into were demons or vampires.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
a few weeks ago, birds of prey managed... 3.0/4
Angel's Debut on Wednesday night earned 3.2/4
Then it dropped a bit with a 2.9/4
Improved last week with a 3.1/4
and this week it got a 3.3/5
CALVARY got ****???? Unknown
Salvage earned a 3.6/5
Release managed a 3.3/5 last night

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Of course it would be most dramatic if Faith was turned. She would be formidable but I think would remain conflicted.
Of course, this won't happen since Slayer succession is a huge deal on Buffy right now, and I don't think one of the Slayer Scouts getting "called" is going to happen soon.

Actually, I think most dramatic would be if Faith refused to be turned - spat Angel's blood out when he tried to turn her, that sort of thing. It would show that she's conquered the darkness and fear inside her.

(And, yes, I did say this when Darla was turned 2.5 years ago. Still think that would have been the best end for her)

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
Actually, a new Slayer getting called would be something hip for the Buffy cast to deal with...now Buffy isn't the big bad boss any more as there are two. Would be fun to watch them try to tame a full fledged newbie slayer, not just whiny wannabes. Anyhoo, I like the idea of Faith getting to the point of choosing the lifestyle of the vamp. Can Slayers become vamps? Fray aside, that is? (is Fray even canon, since Joss is writing it?). Would be interesting. I am glad they are really making this a direct sequel to the events in 5 x 5 and Sanctuary. Dealing with Wesley's torture and his changes since then, and the fact that she had hit rock bottom when we last saw her. Since prisons aren't known for their recuperative powers (outside of Stephen King novellas) it makes sense that she isn't much beyond where she was when she went in.

But Jason, if Darla did that, we might not have Connor! (/sarcasm)

Phil

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Once you are turned, are you dead? Meaning, if a slayer was turned, would that be dead enough for another slayer to be called?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I've got to figure that if Buffy was dead enough in "Prophecy Girl", then someone whose heart isn't beating and whose soul has left their body would be dead enough. They've always refered to vampires as basically animated corpses in the past, although I suppose it's murky enough that ME could have Faith be turned and not have another slayer be called until she's staked.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks