What's new

The Equalizer (1 Viewer)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by WaveCrest /t/196472/the-equalizer/30#post_3930732
No probs. Had to re-read your post for any traces of sarcasm.

I could have told you Jeff wasn't being sarcastic. He enjoys not being restricted to only R1 releases. I feel the same way.

Gary "I'll certainly consider this upcoming Equalizer release as well" O.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Gary OS /t/196472/the-equalizer/30#post_3930930

I could have told you Jeff wasn't being sarcastic. He enjoys not being restricted to only R1 releases. I feel the same way.

Gary "I'll certainly consider this upcoming Equalizer release as well" O.

It's hard to tell sometimes. Especially when you've kept people up to speed on what's happening (I could just leave it, but it's something I enjoy doing), and there haven't been many replies. So to get a comment out of nowhere by people you didn't expect to reply to some news or an update on a DVD/Blu-ray release outside of the US, it's hard to tell if someone is being genuine (the whole PAL vs NTSC topic included). Have emailed Fabulous Films about the music, and was told if releases in the US did continue, the music would be stripped out.

Was surprised, but not too surprised that the BBFC gave the third season a '12' certificate. There was less action scenes as the series went on, but in the fourth season more real life issues were written into the stories/episodes.

Also, on a separate note, Fabulous Films' new website is now up and running.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
^
2r7nfdh.jpg
Gary for the post. Yes, I'm definitely a "region-free" collector. "Bring 'em on", more R2/4 releases
dexixz.jpg

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Are you getting Fabulous Films' release of the Simon MacCorkindale series Manimal, Jeff?

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Not confirmed yet which season set (or complete series set) these will be extras in, but Fabulous Films posted on their Facebook page a few days ago that they were filming interviews with Keith Szarabajka (Mickey Kostmayer), William Zabka (Scott McCall), Coleman Luck (show writer) and Robert Eisele (show writer), which have now been completed.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Update on the previous post (post #46) - have emailed Fabulous Films about which set the interviews will be in. They replied saying the interviews will be in the fourth season set.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Started watching Fabulous Films' release of the second season recently. The following is sketchy, a list of how many music tracks are in each episode of the first half of the second season (not including the music score) with the time stamp at when the music track is first heard in the episode (also, any time stamps are at PAL speed):

Season Two (1986-87):

"Prelude" (Season Premiere):

One music track:

- 15 minutes and 51 seconds mark

"Nocturne":

Two music tracks:

- 18 minutes and 42 seconds mark (? by Ashford & Simpson)
- 42 minutes and 34 seconds mark (ditto)

"A Community of Civilized Men":

One music track:

- 13 minutes and 44 seconds mark

"Joyride":

One music track:

- 1 minute and 30 seconds mark (right after the teaser and title sequence - Respect by Aretha Franklin)

"Shades of Darkness":

No music tracks

"Nightscape":

One music track:

- 42 minutes and 40 seconds mark

"Counterfire":

One music track:

- 2 minutes and 32 seconds mark

"The Line":

One music track:

- 9 minutes and 10 seconds mark

"Tip on a Sure Thing":

No music tracks

"The Cup":

One music track:

- 17 minutes and 48 seconds mark

"Heartstrings":

No music tracks.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
An update on the delay of the third season of The Equalizer has been posted by Fabulous Films on their Facebook page, a "technical hitch", and that a release date will be announced soon.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Just over halfway into the second season of The Equalizer. The following is sketchy, a list of how many music tracks are in each episode of the second half of the second season (not including the music score) with the time stamp at when the music track is first heard in the episode (also, any time stamps are at PAL speed):
"High Performance":

Three music tracks:

- 6 minutes and 6 seconds mark
- 33 minutes and 18 seconds mark
- 45 minutes and 19 seconds mark

"Beyond Control":

No music tracks

"Carnal Persuasion":

Three music tracks:

- 14 minutes and 54 seconds mark (classical music)
- 20 minutes and 48 seconds mark (classical music)
- 38 minutes and 10 seconds mark (classical music)

"Memories of Manon: Part 1":

No music tracks

"Memories of Manon: Part 2":

No music tracks

"Solo":

Two music tracks:

- 1 minute and 30 seconds mark (right after the teaser and title sequence)
- around the 6 minutes mark

"A Place to Stay":

Three music tracks:

- 2 minutes and 32 seconds mark (sung music track)
- 44 minutes and 20 seconds mark
- 46 minutes and 19 seconds mark (same music track played at the 2 minutes and 32 seconds mark)

"Coal Black Soul":

One music track:

- 23 minutes mark (As Time Goes By, piano music)

"First Light":

No music tracks

"Hand and Glove":

No music tracks

"Re-Entry" (Season Finale):

Two music tracks:

- 7 minutes and 52 seconds mark (The Way We Were, jazz music)
- 25 minutes and 25 seconds mark (disco music?).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The first three episodes of the second season had the music score composed not by Stewart Copeland, but by Bob Christianson. However, with the episode "Joyride", Stewart Copeland returns. Also credited in some second season episodes is Jeff Seitz.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Temporary 3D front cover artwork for The Equalizer: Season Three (source: Play.com):

47399406_31041026_500x500_1.jpeg

The reason why I've stated "temporary 3D front cover artwork", is because when the BBFC added a listing to their website for Fabulous Films' Region 2 set of the third season, it was given a '12' certificate. Assuming just the 21 third season episodes are in this set and not the interviews as well.

Play.com have a release date for the third season set, of Monday 1st October. Amazon UK and HMV.com don't have a release date yet for the set.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Amazon UK and HMV.com now have the Monday 1st October release date as well for The Equalizer: Season Three.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Regarding The Equalizer: Season Four, on Fabulous Films' website page for the fourth season DVD set, there is small front cover artwork and info about the interviews which were filmed (a 40 minute documentary). There's also a release date on Fabulous Films' website page of Monday 29th October, but with the release of the third season being delayed until the start of October, am wondering if the fourth season set will be delayed.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Amazon UK, HMV.com and Play.com have The Equalizer: Season Four for pre-order, with the release date of Monday 29th October (subject to change). On Amazon UK and HMV.com the studio is listed as Fremantle Home Entertainment.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The third season of The Equalizer was released in Austrailia back on Wednesday 1st August, with the fourth season being released in Austrailia on Wednesday 7th November (source: Umbrella Entertainment's website).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Started watching Fabulous Films' release of the third season recently. The following is sketchy, a list of how many music tracks are in each episode of the first half of the third season (not including the music score) with the time stamp at when the music track is first heard in the episode (also, any time stamps are at PAL speed):

Season Three (1987-88):

"Blood and Wine: Parts 1 and 2" (Season Premiere):

Two music tracks:

- 3 minutes and 31 seconds mark
- 33 minutes and 51 seconds mark.

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
Finally got seasons 2, 3 & 4 today. I'd been waiting till the release of S4 to pick up the others. (I'd had them all for years on a hard-drive from an 'alternative' source, but the PQ was awful, having been recorded onto VHS from the old UK satellite channel 'Granada +').

So amazing to have them all in great quality - definitely one of my favourite shows of all-time. The documentary on S4 is absolutely superb! Thank you, Fabulous Films. You're certainly living up to your name.

My only slight gripe is about the accompanying booklets. The 'episode guides' are actually long-winded, full synopses for each episode, including full plots, spoilers & endings!

PS: For those looking for a good deal, Play.com currently has S2 for just £16.99

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
Cautionary note for folks who've bought VEI's complete series set of The Equalizer. In season 3, the two-part "Mystery of Manon" episodes are out of order. While the disks themselves say part 1 is the last episode on Disk 4 and part 2 is the first episode on Disk 5, it's actually the reverse: Part 1 is at the beginning of Disk 5 and part 2 is at the end of Disk 4. Be ready to do some disk switching.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks