The elusive "Triple Kill"

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jared_B, Jun 5, 2002.

1. Jared_B

Jared_B Supporting Actor

Ever since I earned my first Triple Kill in Halo, I've made it my personal goal to get as many of these as possible when playing multiplayer. Has anyone had 4 or more kills in a row? Do you get a voice saying "Quadruple Kill!" and so on?

2. Gary King

Gary King Second Unit

Nope.

Quad kill = "Killtacular!"

I don't know if you get anything for 5 kills in a row (aside from the obvious Killing Spree).

3. Masood Ali

Masood Ali Supporting Actor

Killtaculars are fun, but if you're playing with good opponents, it'll only happen with A) Rocket Launchers and good timing/luck or B) Playing without shields and getting some head(shots).

4. JasonK

JasonK Supporting Actor

I got a killtacular on Damnation. I was by the shotguns, when four guys came single-file one after the other. I was able to take them all out. Playing online, of course.

5. Gary King

Gary King Second Unit

I've gotten one in a 4v4 Capture the Flag game on Blood Gulch, against good opponents, using the pistol.

6. Thom B

Thom B Stunt Coordinator

So, what's the timing on these? I've never hit a killtacular. Lots of double kills, killing sprees, and running riots though. Seems like the double/triple kill only registers if the kills are in fairly quick succession. Additionally, any other kudos that haven't been mentioned so far?

T

7. Jared_B

Jared_B Supporting Actor

You have to kill each within a few seconds. So if you get three kills in about 8 seconds, you should get a Triple Kill.

The Running Riots are fun, but it alerts everyone playing and they usually gang up on you!