What's new

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Radioman970 said:
My first text was Adventure (I think it was called) for Vic-20 on a big cartridge. Loved that game!
Another trend of recent RPGs I don't like is how you're led everywhere thanks to the miracle compass that shows you every single thing to lead you around. Elder Scrolls is especially bad. I really hope I can turn that off almost completely (just direction). Imagine having to find the place for real, having to ask around, look for land marks, ... I really want that in an experience but I think developers are too chicken to produce something like that or the bigwigs won't let them. ... a shame... . at the very least add it as an option. I don't think I ever found a MOD for Oblivion that quite allowed it. But I don't think there should be a MOD.
Not to worry -- Pete Hines recently confirmed that the compass quest-markers can be turned on and off at the player's discretion this time around.
Ralphie_B said:
(Getting back on-topic, I have to wonder if the success of this in FO:NV contributed to implementing similar things in Skyrim.)
It certainly looks that way -- there are several Fallout 3 gameplay-mechanics getting implemented into Skyrim (the perks system, level-scaling, lockpicking, etc.), and frankly I don't mind one little bit.
If Bethesda wants to "accidentally" spill a little Fallout on my Elder Scrolls, there's lots of valid stuff there to be used.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
^ good news!
I'd love a button called "GET REAL" and I press that to get the game the way I really want it!
Oh...how about Arx Fatalis' magic system where you have to actually form symbols on the screen with your mouse. God, I loved that! I would just wander the dungeons lighting torches. You had to think ahead...cast spells immediately or save them for later...but you had to do those symbols. My fav magic system ever, and maybe the only one I remember being like that.

dmiller68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Miller
I saw a lot of this game at PAX and it is looking amazing. I didn't play it as I was unwilling to waste two hours of my PAX time waiting in line to play 20min.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
My first RPG was Mystery house... probably shouldn't call it an RPG :P

4c0a5f14_MH.png

The one on the end is a looker...

All this Skyrim talk has got me playing Oblivion again. I want to finish the main quest before Skyrim. No more rockband and golf for me ha ha.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Nice. I like the 2 sword fighting. combat looks somewhat cinematic. I guess I'll need to play it myself to see if that's good or bad.
Will wait on a price cut but I'm hoping that wait isn't TOO long. Would like to get the thing by early next year. :)

dmiller68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Miller
Dual welding is very cool. You can do two swords, two spells the same or different. You can also on the spells combine them to make a power powerful shot. You can also do a sword and a spell. The combat is very much like Oblivon.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Mystery House. That brings back memories of playing all of the old Sierra On-Line graphic adventures on an Apple IIe. Myself and my best friend (at the time - we've lost touch) played marathon sessions of those titles. Cranston Manor might have been my favorite at the time.
Been debating another stab at Oblivion but with the fall television schedule looming - probably not. Looking forward to some Skyrim marathons over the holidays.
- Walter.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I'm definitely going to need to replace my mouse with something good before getting this. I have a logitech but I've never been happy with the model I got.
Mixing spells sound great! I crossing the streams. Hehe!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Logitech g500 is a great choice and on sale at the egg for under 40 beans shipped:
http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=809152&t=3308662
Also, Skyrim is up on D2D now, just a matter of time till the deals start flowing, I hope.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
you bet. Skyrim is now $53.99 on D2D and Amazon is including a $10 credit for future buys so I'm sticking with that for now, it's one of the few games I want a box for. Also for Rage too, that one is supposedly 25 gigs!
Mouse deal is now live on Amazon too:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002J9GDXI/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d0_g23_i1?t=slickdeals&tag=slickdeals&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0JNDJ5BFFWZVPZFTESTN&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Oh, what I have is the LX3 and it stinks.
The reviews for that mouse are excellent. I'll pick one of those up in a month or so and use this LX3 crap in another room.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Been reading some 3 hour impressions that have been hitting the net this week, like this one:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/120/1200474p1.html

And I have to say I'm in a complete froth to get my hands on this one! Sounds just about perfect! It has me dusting off Oblivion to play the Shivering Isles pack I never got around too ha ha.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Originally Posted by joshEH /t/306737/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/30#post_3865077
Less than two weeks to go before release.
Already booked Friday, 11/11 off from work, and shall be no more than shadow and thought that entire weekend.
...Let this game consume my life.
29628f1d_child-very-excited.jpeg
The release fell in time with me to take time off work, I'll be gone for a week ha ha.

A co-worker and I have spent most the afternoon reading up on races and what not so we can decide on what characters to create. It's sad really how excited we are! :P

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks