What's new

The Edward R. Murrow Collection: 4 Discs (Legendary American Journalist) (1 Viewer)

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
Graduated from Washington State University, and our communications department is named after him. School is pretty well known for that dept.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis

Six hours seems skimpy spread over 4 discs....I wonder what that "+ extras" means. The first disc seems to be talking heads talking about Murrow - did I understand this correctly? I'd rather the first disc be audio from his "This is London" broadcasts. IIRC "Harvest of Shame" is available separately. Gordon, have you had a chance to watch this set?

EDIT Amazon has it listed for $42, which is much cheaper than the direct price at Gordon's link.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Murrow has become a state of mind for us journalist-types.

This looks like it could be an interesting set...although (as much as I love Walter Cronkite) I wish it was just Murrow's own work...in his own words.

Nice to see Harvest of Shame included. It set the standard against which all documentaries are still judged today.

Charlie Kaus

Agent
I just picked this up today. This is a great set. After watching Goodnight and good Luck for the 3rd time it's nice to see the original See It Now broadcasts. PBS aired This Reporter a couple weeks ago so I was already familliar with it. I'm curious to see Harvest of Shame since I've never seein it before. same goes for the best of See It Now.

Has anyone else picked this up yet? What did you think if you did?

Charlie

Charlie Kaus

Agent

It showed how the people who pick the food that we have on our table are not by and large able to afford the same items for their own tables. It also helped make permanant changes in the laws that would protect workers rights.

Charlie

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks