What's new

The Dukes Of Hazzard (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Fascinating. Looks like they opened up the entryway area and let the grass grow up over most of the open spaces. Was that gas pump a prop, or did it really exist there at the time?

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen

:laugh:

Hey! Maybe I could be a scab-Duke if there is a strike during the motion picture! :D

Great shot there Jay! Interesting that the circular "skid-mark" area is still there after all these years. I'm guessing the gas pumps are a prop...

Quite cool to see that!

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
The building has a new roof, too.

Not that I'd know, but my bet is the pumps were a prop. With them (and the traffic pattern they caused) gone, the dirt circle shifted to the left, now caused by paritioners backing out of their spaces after service.

Brent Bridgeman

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Bridgeman
My bet is that the dirt circle (known down here in the south as a parking lot), has shifted left because of guys like me who want to drive around like the Dukes. I also bet that my "donuts" were the weakest ever performed in that parking lot!:b Well...unless some kid did it with a Big Wheel or something...

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
What will be the stopping point for most of you when it comes to Dukes seasons? Are you going to go for the whole series, or does it become unbearable even when Bo and Luke come back after they take off for a while?

I ask because I watched the show sporadically as a kid, but I don't remember much about it. The first season was almost a blind buy, since I had no idea if I'd enjoy it or not. It actually took me about three episodes to warm up to it, but now I'm loving it! It's fun to annoy friends and family by imitating Roscoe's verbal tics. "Guh, guh, guh!" or whatever. "Hush! Just hush!" Heh.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
What will be the stopping point for most of you when it comes to Dukes seasons? Are you going to go for the whole series, or does it become unbearable even when Bo and Luke come back after they take off for a while?

I ask because I watched the show sporadically as a kid, but I don't remember much about it. The first season was almost a blind buy, since I had no idea if I'd enjoy it or not. It actually took me about three episodes to warm up to it, but now I'm loving it! It's fun to annoy friends and family by imitating Roscoe's verbal tics. "Guh, guh, guh!" or whatever. "Hush! Just hush!" Heh.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
That's an interesting question. What happens with unpopular seasons, especially if the leads change? If Airwolf comes to DVD in season sets, will the fourth season be released? In the case of Dukes, I imagine the Coy and Vance episodes will be included if WB releases follow-up sets (which I think they will).

Anyone else have a different stopping point? Ultimately, I'll probably just keep buying the sets until I hit a season I really hate. Of course, that means I'll be burned on at least one season (unless I like them all!). . . .

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
That's an interesting question. What happens with unpopular seasons, especially if the leads change? If Airwolf comes to DVD in season sets, will the fourth season be released? In the case of Dukes, I imagine the Coy and Vance episodes will be included if WB releases follow-up sets (which I think they will).

Anyone else have a different stopping point? Ultimately, I'll probably just keep buying the sets until I hit a season I really hate. Of course, that means I'll be burned on at least one season (unless I like them all!). . . .

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Brent means that he e-mailed some pictures to Tony Whalen, who requested them a couple of posts up the thread. :)

Regards,

Joe

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Brent means that he e-mailed some pictures to Tony Whalen, who requested them a couple of posts up the thread. :)

Regards,

Joe

Brent Bridgeman

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Bridgeman
I would imagine that I'll be buying all the seasons, even the one with Coy and Vance, at least since Bo and Luke return later in the season.

My wife and I have been working our way through the set, and really enjoy the parts where we recognize some landmarks. It's really funny watching the boys on the way into Atlanta on the episode about the recording pirates, and seeing the only tall building being the Westin. Looks just a bit different now! Also, we cracked up when they were in front of the Mellow Mushroom pizza place.

I'm working on the paintjob for the General Malaise, by the way. I think instead of 01, I'll put .01, though...

Brent Bridgeman

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Bridgeman
I would imagine that I'll be buying all the seasons, even the one with Coy and Vance, at least since Bo and Luke return later in the season.

My wife and I have been working our way through the set, and really enjoy the parts where we recognize some landmarks. It's really funny watching the boys on the way into Atlanta on the episode about the recording pirates, and seeing the only tall building being the Westin. Looks just a bit different now! Also, we cracked up when they were in front of the Mellow Mushroom pizza place.

I'm working on the paintjob for the General Malaise, by the way. I think instead of 01, I'll put .01, though...

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
I'll stop at season before the coy and vance season(s).
They just don't inspire me as much as john and tom.
And they all don't inspire me as much as Cathy does!!!
Yeeeee Haaaaaaa!!!! Oops sorry.. :D

Well, she was why I watched the first season episodes, before I actually got into the whole show. The same with Lynda Carter and wonder woman.
Boy what a impact those legs made on a 10 year old kid.
So anyway I don't like the later seasons, and to be honest I get tired of the rural or country type of shows after a while.
By the way, where the heck in hazzard was Tom Wopat when the cast had the bb-q? They all seem like pretty nice people.

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
I'll stop at season before the coy and vance season(s).
They just don't inspire me as much as john and tom.
And they all don't inspire me as much as Cathy does!!!
Yeeeee Haaaaaaa!!!! Oops sorry.. :D

Well, she was why I watched the first season episodes, before I actually got into the whole show. The same with Lynda Carter and wonder woman.
Boy what a impact those legs made on a 10 year old kid.
So anyway I don't like the later seasons, and to be honest I get tired of the rural or country type of shows after a while.
By the way, where the heck in hazzard was Tom Wopat when the cast had the bb-q? They all seem like pretty nice people.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks