What's new

The Dream Thread (1 Viewer)

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
I was so intrigued that I proceeded to eat one of them. MmmmmmmMmmmmm. It was very tasty and I then ate all the rest of them. Yummy.
:eek: multiplied by Infinity.
The thought of a spider approaching me almost sends me into a paralytic state of dread, much less one actually approaching me, much much less one actually touching my skin, much much much less me actually putting one in my mouth... and enjoying it!!!!!!
Naturally I'll be seeing Eight Legged Freaks! ;)
Another weird dream I had is as follows:
It starts with a diver in full scuba gear, swimming through an abandoned, flooded, inner city storm drain system. Hes swimming around a group of coiled, sleeping anacondas. He brushes against one, and wakes it up. Desperate to escape, he starts swimming faster, but can't make it and is quickly gobbled up by the anaconda. Suddenly time jumps forward, and I'm standing in the spot where he was eaten, but now the drainage system is no longer flooded. There are loads of scientists in white coats buzzing around, and theres a room with banks of computer terminals. The walls, ceiling and floords are covered in green deposits - i.e. its obvious that the area has been flooded. Thats it. I wake up. Really weird.

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
i had a dream about a girl that i met in junior high school. at that time we had been separated for 3 years, but the dream kept bugging me. in short, now she is my wife.

Ike

Screenwriter
Julie, I guess we all can't expect our subconscious to adhere to science. :laugh:
i had a dream about a girl that i met in junior high school. at that time we had been separated for 3 years, but the dream kept bugging me. in short, now she is my wife.
I have dreams all the time about people I haven't seen in years, and even prominently on one person, but I never took that to mean anything. Did you actually seek her out because of the dream, or did you run into her again, and were more open to talk to her because of the dreams?

Mike Lenthol

Second Unit
I haven't had a dream in the past 10 years or so :frowning: what's that supposed to mean?
But as far as I can remember, when I did dream, the dreams were not anywhere near as "bizarre" as some stuff in here :confused: Mostly were just daily activities.
I wouldn’t mind getting the dreams back, as it feels like I'm truly wasting 1/3 of my life sleeping :)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I had one of the worst nightmares this morning around 7. I am in a hospital, and everything is fine up to this point, seeming like a normal dream. Then I am led to a room by Dr. Greene from E.R. (Anthony Edwards) where my head is locked into a huge plastic clamp that surrounds my head. I am informed that surgery on my head will be performed. I am scared. Then Dr. Greene leaves and Dr. Carter (Noah Wyle) walks into the room. He will be performing the surgery instead. I am even more scared. From behind, I hear a drilling noise. My body tightens up, anticipating what I am thinking will be drills into my head. Immediately, Noah drills one hole deep into the back of my head. INTENSE PAIN! He drills another hole. MORE INTENSE PAIN! My entire body is convulsing. Again, he drills another hole--slowly. I AM ABOUT TO DIE! At this moment, I seemingly pass out in the dream and awake in reality with a painful feeling in the back of my head that gradually lessens. In my dreams, I've been shot, scraped by Freddy Krueger's claws, blown up with a bomb and experimented on by aliens; however, this is by far the worst pain I have ever experienced!

~T

Mark Romero

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Romero
I had a strange one a few nights ago. I was in someone's house and walked in to a bedroom. There on the floor, bundled up, were 2 children, one about a year old and the other a couple of months old. They were both sleeping. I picked them up and moved them to another part of the house and then I left. Later that evening I heard on the news that a truck had crashed through that very same house and the bedroom where those kids were before I moved them. It turns out, the father had put them there and was going to kill them by running the truck through the house. He wanted it to look like an accident. Strange!

Eve T

Supporting Actor
You asked for it......
This dream still bothers me to this day and I remember it as if I just had it...
I was asleep in bed when I was awakened by fireworks going off. I could see them through the mini blinds in my window, I turn and see my husband sleeping beside me. I look out the window and a single red balloon (sp?) flies up in the air and then I see a dark figure cloaked in black with a black hood (grim reaper style) running towards my back deck. I knew he was going to get into the house and I still remember the fear that ran through my veins. Then..I woke up and tried to tell my husband about my dream when I noticed the fireworks going off outside. I could see them through my mini blinds...then the baloon, and then the figure coming towards my back deck to get inside my house. (This happened several times with me thinking I woke up to find myself still trapped in this dream)
Here is the the part that still haunts me
The figured cloaked in black finally got into my house and this chant came into my head and I still remember it word for word:
"First he sends me fireworks, then a red balloon, he's made it into my living room, my heart is filled with doom. he's behind me in the hallway I'm running for my life. Now he's in my shower waiting with a knife!"
This is no lie that's the chant that came into my head and I still remember it. Made my blood run cold. I didn't go back to sleep that night in fear that I would be sucked back into that dream.
I've had a few other scary dreams and funny dreams but my post is long as it is. :)
Okay I'll add this second dream in real quick because it's kind of ummm really crazy.
I dreamed that I was a part of a ghost family. I had several sisters and brothers and we were all ghost because our mother killed us. She had also killed herself but was an evil ghost and was hunting us down like dogs. So here we all are in the woods (me and this family I don't even know) but seem to be a part of in this dream) We had this special looking glass type of device that if you looked in it and saw black spots that indicated ghost were close. If we saw a red spot that means our crazy dimented mother that killed us was close. We used that to hide from her. So I'm looking in this glass and see the red spot. Yup ol Mom is close so my ghost siblings and I begin to run to find a place to hide. We run into this old tunnel that is under some abandoned building. She's behind us and gaining fast when we notice a hole in the tunnel above us and we all rise up in it. (we're ghost we can do that :))
Anywayz, mom kept going and didn't know we found a way of escape....but what do we find up in this hole you ask? We find an apartment type room that is being rented out by an old lady. She hears us but doesn't know we are ghost as she is blind. This lady BTW is BETTY WHITE from the "Golden Girls." My siblings and I are very unhappy that this poor old lady is staying in such a shabby room. It wasn't nice at all and we figure it's because she's blind that she doesn't know that she is being taken advantage of. She talks to us for awhile and then I look into the "magic looking glass" and see that the red spot is back which means trouble. We tell Betty White that she is being taken and needs to move....and then I woke up.
What the heck is Betty doing in my dreams? Freaky Deaky!
I forgot to mention: I can also smell and taste in my dreams. And a few times have had premonitions in my dreams that have come true...... but haven't we all?

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Wow, interesting dreams indeed...
Which upon further examination showed remarkable similarities to my own. In fact, it was my own.
Wow julie, thats pretty freaky. Sounds like a cool idea for a sci-fi movie :) I'd pay to see that.
I remember some dreams i've been shot in the arm, and once in the gut before, but it didnt hurt at all.. maybe felt like a bruise. That was weird though.
I find i dream more on weekends than on weekdays. On weekends i usually sleep later, and wake up later and the sleep is longer too compared to weekdays. Maybe i dont sleep as wellon weekends. Maybe i just forget all the dreams i have on weekdays. I dunno...

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
Holy shit. I had the strangest dream last night. I dreamt I was cruising HMV's VHS movie section ( :eek: ) and there was a whole bank of factory sealed copies of Gremlins 2: The New Batch. The cover had a super-close up picture of Gizmo's face, and he was looking down. He looked kinda sad. That's it. Weird huh? Maybe my subconscious is trying to tell me something! Perhaps a visit to DVDEmpire and a swift preorder is what its after! :D ;)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
Last night I had a dream that I was in a submarine with Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman, and when we surfaced (on the golf course I work at), one of the engines blew up and 1/3 of the sub took off but we made it out alive. The dream was some sort of a movie.

KyleK

Second Unit
This one is really strange, but short. I dreamed that Chris Rock and my dog were on trial in this big courtroom, and Chris Rock got sentenced to torture and my dog got life in prison! Weird! :D

AllanN

Supporting Actor
I have a few recurring themes that I dream about 80% of the time.
1. I’m fighting in a war. So far I have dreamed that I have fought in WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan. I have never been shot or injured. In the case of WWII, Iraq, and Afghanistan I'm in some castle, cave, or building trying to find Hitler, Husain, or Bin Laden. But I never find them. I’m sure that a Somalia dream is coming soon after repeated viewings of Black Hawk Down.
2. I’m part of a TV show. Not one of the cast members but an extra member. But it seems like real life and not a TV show. The two most popular shows are M.A.S.H (more war) and sigh……… Beverly Hills 90210.
3. That I have to go back to school after graduating from college. I have had dreams that I’m back in college, high school, and grade school at my present age of 23. I also dream allot that it’s the end of my last semester of college and I blew off a class and I don’t know what I’m going to do about it. I had this dream allot the first few months after graduating. I was really worried when I woke up about what I was going to do about it. Until I realized that I graduated already. Then I get worried that I’m late for work. Look at the clock and see it’s something like 4 am and get a warm feeling inside knowing that I can get another 2 hours of blissful sleep. Oh and one time when I had to go back to high school Tara Reed was my girlfriend so that was pretty cool :)

Ike

Screenwriter
I did it! I had a lucid dream last night. Woo-hoo!
I was in a video store with my brother and sister. It wasn't any video store I recognized, but it felt local.
I'm digging through the bins, and find a good bargain. I run over to my brother to bum the money to buy it, but he turns me away. As I walk towards my sister, she bumps into Jay Leno (I don't know why he's here, but he is). As I act a little excited Jay Leno's here, I go to shake his hand. It seems like he doesn't want to touch my hand. After he gets done, he wipes his hand on his nose.
At this point, I snapped up and tell myself I'm dreaming. Jay Leno isn't actually in the store, I'm dreaming. So, I transport myself to my kitchen, where I open the window over my kitchen sink, and leap out. I begin to fly around, before I moved on. I did one more thing (which I won't describe here :D), then the dream ended.
I don't know if it was a dream that was about my increased interest in lucid dreaming, or if it was a genuine lucid dream, but it was exciting none the less. I hope I have another one tonight.

KyleK

Second Unit
Had to dig this thread up, last night I met Kyle MacLachlan(my favorite actor) in my sleep! So there I was, sitting in my school cafeteria with my friends. The cafeteria was normal except for the walls were dark green and the lights were off and there was weird yellow light coming from where the wall and the floor meet. Then from behind me I hear a couple of girls talking about Twin Peaks and Kyle MacLachlan (yeah right, I think I'm the only one in my school that knows about Twin Peaks). So I turn around and say "Hey, Twin Peaks, that's my favorite show." And they say, "Well, Kyle MacLachlan's right here." Then thay move away so I can see that he was on the other side of the table. And I'm like "Holy crap, what's he doing here?" So I go over and introduce myself to him, and then I wake up. :frowning:
Anybody have any interesting dreams lately?

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
This early morning I had a nightmare in which a Tyranosaurus Rex was chasing me through a town. Scary!

~T

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
One element of a dream that's stuck in my head is feeling of having all my teeth fall out and chewing them like chiclets gum and blowing bubbles.

I use to wear braces as kid and I hated my orthodontist which just another name for evil dentist with torture devices for your mouth.

Another dream I've had is I'm in school without my assignments done, which did happen a few times. No wonder they're still haunting me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks