What's new

The Doris Day Show Season 5 (1 Viewer)

Jeff#

Screenwriter
And that's about the end of the line for Doris Day....unless they release her mid 1980s CBN Cable series Doris Day's Best Friends in which she was reunited with such guests Rock Hudson in one episode
and Clint "Cheyenne" Walker on his ranch in another.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
I was always hoping that if they can't release the Best Friends episodes in their entirety (since some are date specific on animal groups and organizations, etc.) that they would put the celeb appearances as extras on some other dvds. For instance, the Howard Keel segment would have been great on the Calamity Jane dvd, etc. Oh well. I never expected to see TDDS on dvd, so I may be pleasantly surprised one day to see Best Friends making it.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Someone uploaded all of the first 3 seasons of The Doris Day Show onto GUBA:

http://www.guba.com/general/video/se...ontentType=-1&

This sure beats buying the DVD sets, because although I like Doris I wouldn't want to collect her shows. :)

There's just one problem....The above videos don't buffer properly, so the actors appear almost in slow motion. I have a cable modem connection and other videos on different sites run at normal speed. How do you get GUBA's to work properly?

Gregory V

Stunt Coordinator
Got the fifth season of The Doris Day Show....That completes the series. The commentaries with Doris were good, it was nice to hear her, but she didn't seem to remember alot about some of the episodes. It WAS more than thirty years ago, so I wish they would have given her the heads up on some of the plots. It was great to hear her talk about some of the behind the scenes goings on from the show. Also I noticed the language and some of the conversation got a little more adult during the fifth season. It would have been interesting to see what direction the show went in if they had done another season as CBS wanted. I am very glad to have the entire show, although the first season was a bit too sweet for my taste. Doris Day is a beautiful woman and I am glad to be able to watch her anytime I like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks