The Donny & Marie Show...

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Paul_Scott, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott Lead Actor

hope i didn't get anyones hope up- its not been announced, but with the odd assortment of things that are seeing a release lately, i was wondering how many other people out there would be interested in this?
    i think i would go into a diabetic coma watching a full season set, but i think something patterned after Shout Factorys Here's Lucy Set would be really ideal.
    10 to 12 full eps -or about 12 hours of a compilation of skits, openings and musical numbers from across a season(seasons)with some accompanying bonus material (rehersal footage, home movies, commentaries, etc)
    i don't know if the two are still trying to distance themselves from this era of their lives or not, i know Marie was having a rough time a couple years back, but i do hope this happens someday soon.

anyone else up for this?

2. Elinor

Elinor Supporting Actor

Hmmm. I think you may have come up with an alternative to Ipecac ....

3. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

Paul, Hi.

I'd go along with a "best of" or a compilation release like you mentioned. I'd be interested in this series mainly since it's from an era that I like to revisit [​IMG]
    Most of my TV/DVD collecion is 60's and 70's shows with a few 80's and fewer 90's.

- Jeff Willis

4. Richie C.

Richie C. Stunt Coordinator

I would buy full season sets! It was only on for a few years anyway...and they had the best guest stars. [​IMG]

5. Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott Lead Actor

was wondering if anyone has heard anything more on this.
    Gord reported that it was in development over at R2 with major input from Donny and was expected to be a 3 disc set released, tentatively around April.

guess that was too optimistic as it would have been solicited by now- but has anyone heard anything further on this?

hope it doesn't get scuttled as its one of the releases i'm most looking forward to this year

6. David Rain

David Rain Screenwriter

Dave
    I think this would be a hoot to watch in small doses like a compilation. I'm guessing music rights would make season sets unlikely. They did have some good musical guests such as a newly-solo Tina Turner. A few of these episodes have turned up as retro specials on [email protected]