What's new

THE DONNA REED SHOW: SEASON 5 (8 Viewers)

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
I remember "The Donna Reed Show'" had gotten quite butchered up near the end of it's run on "Nick at Nite." So I was very glad I had watched "The Donna Reed Show" mainly during it's first two years on "Nick at Nite" with complete unedited episodes.

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
If you'd like to contact "Sony Pictures" about releasing Seasons 6 through 8 in regards to "The Donna Reed Show," just click on the link directly below and then send them your message. Please remember to keep your comments polite and by all means: No personal attacks on "Sony Pictures" which would certainly be counterproductive!

https://www.facebook.com/SonyPictures

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Donna and Carl our dreaming of the very day when Seasons 6-8

regarding "The Donna Reed Show," will finally be released!!!!!

Attachments

• Donna Reed with Carl Betz in the episode A Night to Howl.jpg
    Donna Reed with Carl Betz in the episode A Night to Howl.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,314

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Greg2356 said:
Donna and Carl our dreaming of the very day when Seasons 6-8

regarding "The Donna Reed Show," will finally be released!!!!!

Sorry folks, I had meant to write: Donna and Carl "are" dreaming of the very day when Seasons 6-8 regarding "The Donna Reed Show," will finally be released!!!!!

Oops!!!! :unsure: Too late to "Edit" now...

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
A photo of Jimmy Hawkins and his gal pal Shelley Fabares during the Seventh Season of "The Donna Reed Show" in between the filming of the episode entitled, "Old Faithful." This is a Special Guest Star Appearance by Shelley Fabares on "The Donna Reed Show."

I had acquired the complete 'Story Line' when I had worked at a television station which was airing "The Donna Reed Show."

Donna Stone................ Donna Reed

Dr. Alex Stone.............. Carl Betz

Jeff................................ Paul Petersen

Trisha............................ Patty (Patti) Petersen

Scotty............................ Jimmy Hawkins

Jackie Baron................. Sandra Scott

With Special Guest Star: Shelley Fabares as Mary

.........................................SYNOPSIS......................................

Scotty has had a crush on Mary ever since kindergarten.

He always manages to appear at the Stone home when Mary returns

from college. When Mary arrives home this time, Scotty stuns her by

announcing he is going steady with another girl, Jackie Baron. Mary tells Jeff she is happy for Scotty and she seems to be until she meets Jackie, a dazzling beauty! Donna and Alex realize something is wrong when Mary begins moping around the house. Alex cleverly gets Mary to decide that she is going to put up a fight for Scotty.

Mary's plans to win Scotty back are making progress when Donna cautions her about the danger of fighting for something one really doesn't want! Mary confesses to Scotty how deceitful she had planned to be... Mary then gets Scotty to bring Jackie to the Stone home for a party. Jeff, who realizes that his girlfriend, Karen, has been taking him for granted, takes a lead from Scotty. As a result, Jeff's girlfriend joins Jackie, Scotty, and Jeff at the party.

Script written by................. Barbara Avedon

Directed by.......................... Fred de Cordova

Produced by........................ Tony Owen

Attachments

• Shelley Fabares with Jimmy Hawkins 7th Season.jpg
    Shelley Fabares with Jimmy Hawkins 7th Season.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 466

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Paul Petersen performing the song number: "My Dad"

Attachments

• Paul Petersen singing My Dad AOL.jpg
    Paul Petersen singing My Dad AOL.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 254

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Pictured: Paul Petersen, James Darren, and Shelley Fabares in the making of the "Bye Bye Birdie" album for Colpix Records.

Attachments

• James Darren Shelley Fabares Paul Petersen Colpix Records complete.jpg
    James Darren Shelley Fabares Paul Petersen Colpix Records complete.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 219

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Donna Stone and friends, discover that Dr. Dave Kelsey portrayed by actor Bob Crane has some real musical talent!

"The Donna Reed Show" in it's Sixth Season run on the ABC Television Network.

Attachments

• Donna Reed with Bob Crane playing Drums.jpg
    Donna Reed with Bob Crane playing Drums.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 784

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
"Donna Reed reading in bed," taken in 1966. An ABC TV Photo.

Attachments

• Donna Reed reading in bed 1966 ABC TV Photo.JPG
    Donna Reed reading in bed 1966 ABC TV Photo.JPG
    213.6 KB · Views: 683

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Bob Crane on "The Donna Reed Show"

On Thursday, March 14, 2013 it had marked the 50th anniversary of Bob Crane's acting debut for his role on The Donna Reed Show. After seven tremendous years on the air over KNX-CBS Radio in Los Angeles, a hilarious guest appearance on The Dick Van Dyke Show on December 26, 1962, and several other small acting roles, Bob was eager for more. Donna Reed had been a guest on Bob's KNX radio show, and she was enamored with the bright radio star and his on-screen potential. She offered him a guest role in the episode "The Two Doctors Stone," which originally aired over ABC on March 14, 1963. Having successfully won over Donna Reed, her husband and series producer Tony Owen, and audiences, Bob Crane was offered a permanent role on The Donna Reed Show, as next-door neighbor and friend of the Stones, Dr. Dave Kelsey.

TwoDoctorsStone5.jpg

Donna Reed, Carl Betz, and Bob Crane (as Dr. Dave Blevins)
in the episode, "The Two Doctors Stone."
It is often misreported that Bob Crane portrayed Dr. Kelsey right from the beginning of his work on The Donna Reed Show; however, he did not. In his first episode, "The Two Doctors Stone," he is credited as Dr. Dave Blevins, a friend and medical colleague of Alex Stone. In this episode, the pair of doctors spend most of the time convincing Donna that she cannot possibly be able to predict Trisha's (Patty Petersen, younger sister of Paul Petersen) cold by the inordinate amount of bananas she is consuming and trying to convince her to take a vacation with Alex. "I could always tell when Jeff was getting sick. He'd eat lots of bananas," she insists as Trisha gobbles up banana after banana. Donna is insulted when Alex pokes fun at her theory, and he tries to make amends. The episode concludes with neither Donna nor Alex being correct; Trisha does not get sick, but Jeff does, canceling any hope for their vacation.

Bob's work on this episode was impressive, and it led to Donna Reed and Tony Owen offering him the regular role of Dr. Dave Kelsey opposite Ann McCrea as his wife Midge. His first episode as Dr. Kelsey, "Friends and Neighbors," originally aired on April 4, 1963. The plot introduces the young Kelseys as they move in next door to the Stones.

For the next two years, Bob Crane would add an unprecedented amount of spice to the usually sweet family television show. While working on The Donna Reed Show, Bob also held down his regular morning radio show aired over KNX Monday through Friday. He had also been performing a Saturday radio program over KNX, which he stopped doing in 1964. In addition to working on The Donna Reed Show and at KNX, Bob also continued to make public appearances and host celebrity events. It was a grueling schedule, to say the least.
"I did The Donna Reed Show for two years," said Bob in a 1976 interview.​
"I did radio at the same time, and at 10:00 in the morning, I used to finish the radio show, run across the street, and do The Donna
Reed Show...I used to get my make-up on during the 9:00 CBS News at Columbia Studios, across the street from CBS Radio. Then​
I'd run across the street and do the last hour of my radio show,​
which I had guests on."​
In December 1964, a new situation comedy set in an Allied prisoner of war camp in World War II Germany was under development. Bob​
was cast as the lead in the pilot episode of Hogan's Heroes, an after CBS picked up the series for its Fall 1965 lineup, Bob was offered the role.​

Of course, Bob Crane accepted the part of Colonel Hogan, and the rest is history. Wanting to devote his full attention to Hogan's Heroes, and because of his already-intense schedule juggling both radio and television, he decided to leave his long-time job in radio at KNX. His final appearance as Dr. Kelsey on The Donna Reed Show was on April 8, 1965, in the episode, "Indoor Outing."

The Donna Reed Show was one of the most successful television programs ever produced, and it continues to entertain audiences 50 to 60 years after its debut. Bob Crane had been seeking such an opportunity ever since coming to Los Angeles from the East Coast in August 1956. His work on The Donna Reed Show as Dr. Dave Kelsey made it possible for him to transition completely from radio into acting, and from there, he would go on to excel in the role many believe he was born to play, that of Colonel Robert Hogan on Hogan's Heroes.

Please click on the second image below with Bob Crane:

Attachments

• Bob Crane Four Records.jpg
    Bob Crane Four Records.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 152
  • Bob Crane Banner.png
    Bob Crane Banner.png
    257.6 KB · Views: 210

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc

Attachments

• Donna Reed in an absolutely Beautiful Pose thanks Jon-Erik Nordquist.jpg
    Donna Reed in an absolutely Beautiful Pose thanks Jon-Erik Nordquist.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1,243

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Donna Reed in a sightly colorized photo that I had recently published on June 26th in black and white.

Attachments

• Donna Reed reading in bed 1966 ABC TV Photo.JPG
    Donna Reed reading in bed 1966 ABC TV Photo.JPG
    513.3 KB · Views: 249

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
BobO'Link said:
^Greg... that effect is called sepia-tone.

Correct! I should have labeled it properly since I'm the one who added this effect to the photo. Also I had fixed the darkness of her left eye which was a tedious job! Just go back to the black & white photo and see the difference.

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
In 1954 with MC Host when Donna Reed won her Academy Award for the 1953 movie, "From Here to Eternity."

Now please go to page 16.

Thanks !!

Attachments

• Donna Reed and Host with Award AOL.jpg
    Donna Reed and Host with Award AOL.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 202

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Merry Christmas from Donna & Alex! Seventh Season Promo 1964.

Attachments

• Donna Reed Christmas Seventh Season 1964 1965.jpg
    Donna Reed Christmas Seventh Season 1964 1965.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 160

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Donna Reed & Shelley Fabares posing outside Donna's Dressing Room.

Attachments

• Donna Reed & Shelley Fabares 2 AOL.jpg
    Donna Reed & Shelley Fabares 2 AOL.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 910

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks