What's new

The Donna Reed Show: SEASON 4 (1 Viewer)

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Originally Posted by Neil Brock
Sure. Everything we've read suggests that Donna's heirs have no clue as to what the show is worth, how much it would sell nor how to market it. Do you have any idea how much it costs to author, package and produce a DVD set? Its not cheap. And the most important part of the process is having good distribution. Sorry, "oh, we don't want to license it, we'll do it ourselves" ain't very realistic. Unless they are content to sell tens of copies. It sounds like Donna's daughter is living in a fantasy world.
Mary Owen was already very involved in bringing out "The Donna Reed Show" to DVD when "Virgil Films and Entertainment" was putting out her Mom's Television Show. She was working in the background helping them with many projects regarding the production process of putting out seasons of "The Donna Reed Show" onto DVD. In fact, she was so involved that she was under a lot of stress from the project of releasing season's of her Mom's Show! Now she has the expert professional help she was seeking in order to get these Donna Reed Show Episodes from the 'Fourth Season' out to the public!! Believe me Mary knows only too well what it takes to have good distribution! And she also knows all about the costs involved concerning the process of authoring, packaging, and all the 'Monetary Capital' it takes to complete this project. Mary Owen is a very astute individual, she is not some air head like your trying to make her out to be Neil!!! Shame on You!!!!!

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Does she know about music licensing and dealing with music publishers that can ask whatever outrageous rate they want for their songs? Because what happens if the publishers want a fortune for the use of My Dad and Johnny Angel?

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
This just into the newsroom: World supply of exclamation points is running dangerously low. Leaders at the U.N. have reached a consensus and are cautioning everyone to only use exclamation points when absolutely necessary. Thank you!

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Thanks for the warning, but I have my own 'Two Huge Storage Buildings' that are filled to the brim with exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Originally Posted by Greg2356
Update: All the 39 Episodes from 'Season 4' concerning "The Donna Reed Show," will be Complete and Uncut!!

Teen Idol 'James Darren' makes his second guest appearance on this sitcom during this 'Fourth Season' singing his 'Hit Songs' in an episode entitled, "One Starry Night." And as I mentioned previously, Shelley Fabares will be 'Featured' in a special episode entitled, "Donna's Prima Donna" singing her famous hit "Johnny Angel." Paul Petersen will also be singing his first top ten hit entitled, "She Can't Find Her Keys" in which he performs it during a dream sequence in an episode entitled, "For Angie With Love" all from this great 'Fourth Season' of "The Donna Reed Show."

'Stay Tuned' for further developments concerning this Iconic TV Series...
Is there an actual source for this that confirmed it? Or are you just crossing your fingers and hoping what you said turns out to be true?

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Originally Posted by LeoAmes

Is there an actual source for this that confirmed it? Or are you just crossing your fingers and hoping what you said turns out to be true?

My source is Mary Owen herself. At this present time, the 'Special Features' are being worked on, and there are many being submitted from ardent fans who are collectors plus the 'Special Features' that "Virgil Films & Entertainment" already had planned to include for this DVD Release of 'Season 4' in which they said would take up a separate disc. Of course, "Virgil Films & Entertainment" even though they had wanted to release Season 4 regarding "The Donna Reed Show" will not be releasing this season for confidential reasons. There are no hard feelings involved from this studio or Donna Reed's Children. We will see what 'Special Features' are actually included on this 'Fourth Season DVD Release' as time progresses!!!!

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Sounds good.

I just wondered if it was your confidence this release would be done right that led to you to say that, or if was based upon more then just faith. Glad to see you got the confirmation directly and we can look forward to it being intact.

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Originally Posted by LeoAmes
Sounds good.

I just wondered if it was your confidence this release would be done right that led to you to say that, or if was based upon more then just faith. Glad to see you got the confirmation directly and we can look forward to it being intact.
That's 'Correct' Leo, Mary said all these episodes from the 'Fourth Season' will be the Complete Uncut Episodes!!!

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Greg,

Do not let anyone rain on your parade here This show is one of my top all-time blind-buys for TV/DVD. Best wishes for continued pursuit of the S4 project!!!!!

tvgreats

Agent
Real Name
Jeff
Originally Posted by Jeff Willis
Greg,

Do not let anyone rain on your parade here This show is one of my top all-time blind-buys for TV/DVD. Best wishes for continued pursuit of the S4 project!!!!!
Totally agree with this.. This was also a blind buy for me and I have really enjoyed it. I can't get enough of classic 50's and 60's television!!!

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Here's to hoping we really do see Season 4 in the near future. I love this series and will buy as much as is released.

Gary "thanks for the updates, Greg" O.

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Originally Posted by Gary OS
Here's to hoping we really do see Season 4 in the near future. I love this series and will buy as much as is released.

Gary "thanks for the updates, Greg" O.
Your so Very Welcome Gary!! :)

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Originally Posted by Greg2356
Thanks for the warning, but I have my own 'Two Huge Storage Buildings' that are filled to the brim with exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mark, as a writer I tend to be sensitive to punctuation use and abuse, but I was only teasing, and thought the use of an exclamation point in my post would bear that out. You seemed to take it in the intended spirit, but just in case, I hope you know I was not trying to "rain on your parade." !!!!!!!!!!!

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
Can't wait for SEASONS FOUR AND FIVE, Shelley's last two with the series and the best of the series !!!

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Originally Posted by Jeff Willis
Greg,

Thanks so much Jeff!!!! And the parade is getting bigger and bigger, but before I can talk about it freely on this forum, the details need to be finalized!! All I can say is- I am feeling Euphoric!!!!!

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Originally Posted by AlanP
when will we know ??

Alan the 'WHEN' will be up to Mary Owen and her Siblings. I'll of course keep my eyes & ears open for you and the others on this forum.

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Originally Posted by Neil Brock
Does she know about music licensing and dealing with music publishers that can ask whatever outrageous rate they want for their songs? Because what happens if the publishers want a fortune for the use of My Dad and Johnny Angel?
Yes, Mary knows all of this Neil and is handling it very well!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks