What's new

The "Divx Only" list update (1 Viewer)

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
30 titles still MIA on DVD after all this time.

Haven't posted this in a while... enjoy:

Buena Vista (8):
[*]Before and After (coming 10-14-2003)[*]Jack (coming 10-14-2003)[*]Welcome To Sarajevo (coming 02-03-2004)[*]Rage, The (coming 02-03-2004)[*]Ed Wood[*]Marcenary 2: Thick And Thin[*]Rocketman[*]Shall We Dance?[/list]20th Century Fox (9):
[*]Cocoon[*]Bad Girls[*]Cool, Dry Place, A[*]Crucible, The[*]Dying Young[*]Great White Hype[*]Jumpin' Jack Flash[*]Oscar & Lucinda[*]Two For The Road[/list]MGM/UA / Orion (7):
[*]12 Angry Men[*]Mulholland Falls[*]Evidence Of Blood[*]I Love You Don't Touch Me![*]Paperback Romance[*]This World, Then The Fireworks[*]Son Of The Pink Panther[/list]Universal (6):
[*]High Art[*]Kiss Or Kill[*]Pure Luck[*]Safe Men[*]Soldier's Daughter Never Cries, A[*]TwentyFourSeven[/list]

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I would love to see a release of Shall We Dance?
Maybe it'll get a release as a tie-in with the remake with Gere and lopez(:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: )?
I know Ed Wood had a nice R2 (I think) release, and have heard rumors that Burton is high on wanting to do a SE, which I would love to see happen.

Robert Dunnill

Second Unit
Soldier's Daughter Never Cries, A
This one was released to R1 DVD for a brief period, but may be OOP.

LINK REMOVED BY OWNER - DO NOT POST EBAY LINKS

Edit: Amazon is offering this title as regular stock. The technical details state that this version was released on May 14, 2002, but I think there was an earlier version (if it wasn't the same one) released in October of 2000.

RD

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I think he means the 1997 William-Friedkin-directed 12 Angry men.
Ah, okay. The TV version with Tony Danza in it. I know of it, but haven't seen it, so I can't comment on its merits. I thought we were talking theatrical movies here.

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
Robert, do you know if the version of "A Soldier's Daughter Never Cries" is OAR or not? Went looking for this a while back, seem to recall that it was not :frowning:

Haden

Supporting Actor
Ah, okay. The TV version with Tony Danza in it. I know of it, but haven't seen it, so I can't comment on its merits.
Heh... Tony Danza was the least impressive castmember in this movie, so mentioning him alone makes the movie sound like crap. It also starred Jack Lemmon, George C. Scott, Hume Cronyn, Ossie Davis, Edward James Olmos, and several other great actors. It's a really good remake. Wish it was on DVD.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Of all those Divx (spit!) exclusives, the one I want most on DVD is Mulholland Falls :frowning: :thumbsdown:

Robert Dunnill

Second Unit
Of all those Divx (spit!) exclusives, the one I want most on DVD is Mulholland Falls
I asked MGM about that one during one of the chats, and they said to look for it in 2001 (which is why I added to the "rumored" section on my site's exclusives-tracking list). Alas, they didn't carry through with the promise.

As of June 6, 1999 the Divx version had sold 696 copies nationwide in some 12 weeks on the market (compared to 45,933 for There's Something About Mary); perhaps this lack of sales performance, possibly coupled with lacklustre sales of the overseas versions, is what's holding MGM back.

I have the OAR laserdisc--it actually looks pretty good now that I am using a Holo3Dgraph-I deinterlacer.

RD

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks