What's new

the distance (1 Viewer)

MarkusBen

Auditioning
I have just ordered Panasonic AE300/L300U and I am wondering about the sice of the screen. I am sitting 3 metres (9.5 ft, I think, not sure) away from the wall and I am not sure about comfortable sice for the screen. Is 92" widescreen too large for me. I tried the calculator at projector central but with the metric system it can be very confusing. I am asking because I have been offered 92" da lite screen on a good price. But I don´t want to buy if it is too big and the chicken wire would drive me crazy. Can anyone tell me what is the right sice for me. I am new in this and I don´t trust the salesmen. They won´t tell me anything useful and all they say is: "Ah, you will get used to it".

Thank you

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor
MarkusBen,

You will probably be OK with a 92" screen. You shouldn't see much screendoor from your seating distance (especially on the L300U which has the smoothscreen technology).

-D

John Rheaume

Auditioning
Markus,

So the screen is 45" high X 80" wide?
I believe 3 meters (118.3 inches) may be too close to an 80 inch width screen, even with smoothscreen. But if the price for the screen is that good, masking it off and projecting a smaller image may work well for you.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks