The Devil's Rejects

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Bob clamer, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Bob clamer

Bob clamer Supporting Actor

As per DavisDVD.com:
    Director Rob Zombie's The Devil's Rejects, an ode to the "take no prisoners" horror films of the 1970s, arrives on November 8th. Lions Gate Home Entertainment will release the film in separate R-rated and unrated editions, each featuring audio commentary by Zombie and actors Sheri Moon Zombie, Sid Haig and Bill Moseley. Other bonus materials will include deleted scenes, footage from "The Morris Green Show" and "Captain Spaulding's Monkey Fried Chicken" TV commercial (both seen in the film), Otis's "Home Movie," a "Captain Spaulding Christmas" spot, blooper reel and music videos. The unrated disc also will feature a feature-length making-of documentary detailing the film's production. Retail will be $28.99.
    Can't wait for this one!

2. ElAhrai

ElAhrai Stunt Coordinator

Wow, that sounds like an awesome DVD. I can't wait.

E

3. Cory H.

Cory H. Stunt Coordinator

Nice that the UR version is getting even more goodies. "House of 1,000 Corpses" had some real amateur extras, and the UR versIon of that DVD never surfaced. Just hard to believe that there'll be an even more hardcore version of TDR! [​IMG]

4. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

This is one of my favorite horror movies in the last decade. And while it's been a slow decade, this movie was still awesome (and leaps and bounds above House Of 1,000 Corpses) [​IMG]

The disc sounds pretty damn good too!

5. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp

Russell
    Sounds great!! hopefully an UR of HO1KC well surface as a tie in!

6. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

This is the best film of 2005 so far for me. I just loved it to death. I saw it twice in theaters, and would've seen it even more had the only theater near me playing it not been two towns over. The unrated DVD is as good as mine!

7. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Ditto.

8. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

I am admittedly to scared to see both Zombie flicks in theatres but want to wait to see them on DVD in the safety of my home with plenty of light and my dog to protect me despite being able to see them both free. Could it be assumed that there will be some sort of special edition with both films together sooner or later?

Ryan

9. Bob clamer

That would be nice to see but from what I understand the first one has nothing to do with the second and not everyone from the first was in the second.

10. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

They're related enough that you want to see House Of 1,000 Corpses before seeing The Devil's Rejects but you wouldn't be lost without having seen House. You'll get a little more from it if you've seen both eventhough they're very different types of movies.

11. Bob clamer

I agree %100. You do need to see the first one. I read awhile back the RZ will not bring out an urateduncut version of "1000 Corpses" because there was nothing else he felt would make the movie better. Would be nice to see the 2 tied together sometime, ala Kill Bill eventually. Just a shame that some people were not in the second movie. Especially Karen Black. That is one freaky chick! Remember "Trilogy or Terror"? Cannot wait for this release!

12. Bob clamer

UPDATE from DavisDVD!
    Just an update to let you know that we've confirmed that Lion's Gate's The Devil's Rejects: Unrated Edition indeed will be a two-disc set that will include a 150-minute making-of documentary.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

That's longer than the movie!

14. Brook K

Brook K Lead Actor

Wow, I'll definitely be picking this up. Nice to see Sid on the commentary.

15. Drew Reiber

Drew Reiber Supporting Actor

He said that he didn't want to revisit the film because he felt that he had totally outgrown it. However, he has repeatedly stated that he believes Lion's Gate signed him to an agreement in which they could (and he thinks probably will) force him to recut it sometime in the future. I haven't seen him make any comments as to any possible effect said changes may have.

16. CaseyL

CaseyL Supporting Actor

That's the best news I've heard all day. With all the original problems RZ had finding a studio to pick up and distribute HO1KC, It's good to see the appropriate treatment of his exquisite sequel.

17. Ravi K

Ravi K Supporting Actor

Not sure I'd buy this movie, since it seems like it would play better in the theater, but it looks like a great package. The guilty pleasure film of the year!

18. Paul D G

Paul D G Screenwriter

Great news about the unrated edition. Looking forward to seeing this one again.

In an interview in the Onion RZ said he was asked if he wanted to make another film, or release a DC of 1000 Corpses. He chose the former.

-paul

19. Tim-H.

Tim-H. Second Unit

Anyone else pick this up Tuesday? The 2nd disc is pretty impressive: some pre-production, then 30 days of filming covered in 2 hrs 20 mins. Still have to see what the unrated cut is like...

20. JoshB

JoshB Supporting Actor

Joshua Bal
    I picked this up as well, and as a blind buy too(at Wal-Mart, where they had the 2-disc Unrated packaged with a bonus disc, Dee Snider's Strangeland which I have not yet seen)

I have yet to watch the 2nd disc, but disc 1 seems pretty packed with extras. I watched maybe 15 minutes of the film so far, and was very impressed with the PQ and audio (shot in a 70s grindhouse style, ala Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Hills Have Eyes). I had only heard a few things about his title, but what I heard seemed to impress me, so I hope thus turns out great. Reviews and word on House of 1000 was not good, so I passed seeing that. This one picks up right after that one, from what I have seen.

The audio is very nice and aggressive, with options for 6.1 DTS ES and 5.1 DD EX. Add to that 2 commentaries, deleted scenes (only presented in a play all fashion, no commentary), plus a variety of other small feature,s some of which are rather odd in nature. Most of hte behind the scenes and making of stuff must be on the 2nd disc, which makes sense since its 2 1/2 hrs long [​IMG]

I can't tell what may or may not have been added to the Unrated version, but it certainly earns its "R" rating within 5 minutes.

Anyone else have comments on the disc or the film?