The devil made this chick do it.....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by todd stone, Feb 1, 2002.

1. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

2. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

They must not live in Inglis.

3. Joseph Young

Joseph Young Screenwriter

4. Eve T

Eve T Supporting Actor

[rant]I have to agree with you Joseph. I am into gothic fashion and lifestyle but I have never nor would never think of doing such a terrible thing to another human being. I am constantly harrassed for not looking as people "think" I should look. I assure everyone that I am kind hearted person who wouldn't hurt a fly. Yes these people give us a bad name. You can't judge a book by it's cover is what I always say but if some psycho were to tell me that Satan was talking to them I would run like heck! YIKES.[/rant] I was once in a local shopping store when a girl scout approached me, she asked me if I would care to buy some girl scout cookies. I was deeply moved by her ability to look at me like I was just another ordinary person instead of shunning me as if I were some sort of Devil worshipping freak. I told her "I am about to teach you a very important lesson which I think you have already learned, never judge a book by it's cover, I'll take every box you have." I think she had a good day I know I did. [​IMG]

5. John Besse

John Besse Supporting Actor

John
    At first I thought that was a joke. Then I realized it was from Time. Wow!!! What a crazy story. I listen to a lot of death metal, black metal. But I dress normal and would never even consider tatooing an upside down cross to my head. Besides, I'd hate to cut my long hair!!!

6. Bhagi Katbamna

Bhagi Katbamna Supporting Actor

7. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    Damn! Where's Buffy when you need her? [​IMG]

8. Travis D

Travis D Second Unit

(sarcasm)Well, I'll bet they were watching some demonic movie and it moved them to kill people.(/sarcasm)

9. Jon Robertson

Jon Robertson Screenwriter

I made the Devil make you do it!

10. Bill Balcziak

Bill Balcziak Supporting Actor

11. andrew markworthy

I read this in The (London) Times earlier in the week. The reporting was a mixture of disgust and incredulity.

I doubt if anyone will think that everyone who dresses oddly is a killer (other than those small town minded bigots who've always thought that, and whose darkest hour was when Senator McCarthy was finally kicked out of office).

The goths and pagans (not, I stress, satanists) I've met have always been pretty amiable creatures (a fair number were vegetarian). If someone wants to look like a member of the cadet branch of the Addams Family, then fine - it's a free world (or it should be). The couple of satanists I've met I have given a wide berth to - one because he was psychopathic and the other because he thought it was a fun thing to do (in a different age, I could see him in the Hitler Youth for a laugh).

12. Brad_W

Brad_W Screenwriter

The reason why I hate when things like this happen is because the morons that write/read this stuff ALWAYS get it wrong. First, a pentagram is the sign of the witch in the Wiccan religion and it's a good sign not an "evil" one. It is NOT the sign of satan as the article proclaims. Also, the inverted cross is actually a christian symbol for one of the saints, NOT the sign of the Devil. Also, the article said that the "upside-down" cross was tattooed on her shaved head, but it looks to me that the cross is actually shaved on her head, not tattooed. I could be wrong and the inverted cross is tattooed under the shaving, but it doesn't look like it.

Yes they should be punished for what they did, but the media should do some research before they start their blabber about "the devil" and the "religion" surrounding it.

13. Eve T

Eve T Supporting Actor

14. WoodyH

WoodyH Stunt Coordinator

I've had to deal with people judging me one way or another based on my appearance for ages. Some have been funny, like this intance that I mentioned in the Crazy Mall People thread...

15. Joseph Young

Utter condescending rubbish if you ask me. [​IMG] It's just as important for young people to experiment with their appearance as it is to dabble in community service and civic activism (as the article appears to suggest). The formation of altruistic and open minded youth in our culture hinges just as much on their being able to look different, as it does with their ability to 'make a difference' in the larger community. Social identity is important to foster, and if these kids grow up thinking that they're being condescended to and not allowed to look a certain way, then their ability to give back to the community is going to be stunted.
    Now that I think about it, I'm shocked I was able to get away with it for as long as I did and not get harrassed more in public. Sometimes I forget just how freaky I used to look. [​IMG]
    But these two, the subject of the thread... they're just deranged lunatics, and perfect fodder for insulting statements like the Reader's Digest one. [​IMG]
    Woody, good luck in Seattle. I have a friend up there (whom I haven't seen in years) who runs a goth club and a couple others originally from the bay area who now live there.. unfortunately that's all the info I have.
    Cheers,
    Joseph

16. WoodyH

WoodyH Stunt Coordinator

17. DarrinH

DarrinH Second Unit

Buzzzzzz, wrong! the devil can not make you do anything! He can influence you, but your physical self (brain included) still has to make the decision to kill someone.

Thats a cop out!

If he could make you do things we would be living in hell itself now.

18. Joseph Young

My former fiance was a 'goth Christian.' They're prevalent in the 'non denominational' sects, and not to trample on anyone's toes (and to tread lightly with forum rules which I will try to abide by) an interesting hybrid of styles.
    And I will leave it at that... [​IMG]
    Joseph

19. Shayne Lebrun

Shayne Lebrun Screenwriter

Seen on a t-shirt:

20. Stephen_Opipari

Stephen_Opipari Stunt Coordinator

Stephen