The details are in for WWE's "Tombstone: The History Of The Undertaker" 3 Disc Set...

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Nick Graham, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Nick Graham

Nick Graham Screenwriter

From Silvervision, who distributes WWE DVDs in the UK.
    There is stuff in here ranging from awesome to official
    wrestlecrap.

I just wish that they had included the entire HBK/UT trilogy from 97 and 98, as opposed to just the great match from Ground Zero and the classic Hell in a Cell bout. They finished the feud with the casket match from the Royal Rumble 98, which is a good match, as well as the one where Michaels gets the back injury that killed his career for 5-6 years. The match with Foley from "Revenge of the Taker" is another underrated great.

Disk 1
    Survivor Series 1991 vs. Hulk Hogan

Royal Rumble 1994 vs. Yokozuna

WrestleMania XII 1996 vs. Diesel

In Your House Buried Alive vs. Mankind

In Your House Revenge of Taker vs. Mankind

SummerSlam 1997 vs. Bret Hart

Extras

- Undertaker attacks Hulk Hogan at the Funeral Parlor
    - Undertaker builds a casket for Yokozuna
    - Undertaker in the graveyard talking about Diesel
    - Undertaker in the graveyard talking about Mankind
    - Undertaker interrupts Mankind's interview

Disk 2

In Your House Ground Zero vs. Shawn Michaels

In Your House Badd Blood - Hell in a Cell Match vs. Shawn Michaels

WrestleMania XIV vs. Kane

Unforgiven 1998 - Inferno Match vs. Kane

King of the Ring 1998 - Hell in a Cell Match vs. Mankind

King of the Ring 1999 vs. The Rock

Extras

- Undertaker interview about Shawn Michaels
    - Undertaker talking to his parents' tombstones
    - Undertaker interview - Kane burns his parents' tombstone
    - Undertaker breaks into Paul Bearer's house and mauls him

Disk 3

Fully Loaded 1999 - First Blood Match vs. Stone Cold

WrestleMania XVII vs. Triple H

Judgment Day 2002 vs. Hulk Hogan

No Mercy 2002 - Hell in a Cell Match vs. Brock Lesnar

Vengeance 2003 vs. John Cena

Survivor Series 2003 - Buried Alive Match vs. Mr. McMahon

WrestleMania XX vs. Kane

Extras

- Undertaker interview about Triple H
    - Undertaker promo on Hulk Hogan
    - Undertaker talking about the Hell in a Cell
    - Undertaker in the graveyard promo on Mr. McMahon

2. Joe:C

Joe:C Second Unit

I'm surprised there's nothing from his brief run in WCW.

3. ChadKo

ChadKo Stunt Coordinator

Is the survivor series the one with the "Million Dollar Team" where Undertaker debuted?
    Chad

4. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

No, that was SS '90. I am shocked that is not included. As an old school WWF fan, I was looking forward to this but I'm not sure I'll be getting it now. 3 discs and only 2 matches from the first 5 years of his run in the WWF and, as Joe pointed out, nothing from his run as Mark Callous in WCW? Definitely a disappointing match listing IMO.

5. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

No, that would be SS 1990, this is his match with Hogan where he briefly captured the world title before being stripped a week later, leading to the Royal Rumble 1992 being for the title.

I will buy this set for the Royal Rumble 1994 stuff alone, it was just that bad. Of course, I want this set for other reasons like Summerslam 1997 and Wrestlemania XII, but the Royal Rumble stuff is the clincher.

6. Nick Graham

Nick Graham Screenwriter

Honestly, his career in NWA/WCW didn't have any memorable moments. On the Undertaker's old DVD, "This Is My Yard", it showed a brief clip of him and manager Paul Heyman on WCW TV, but that was it. He was brought in as a monster, and was given a push in the tag team ranks, but honestly wasn't involved in any matches worth sitting through there. Singles wise he was alwasy lower mid-card if I recall....honestly there is nothing from his WCW days worth putting on this set.

As Meltzer said in his update yesterday, just be thankful that we aren't getting any of his Mania matches against Kamala, Giant Gonzales, King Kong Bundy, etc.... You have to remember, a lot of his initial WWF run was facing guys like that, which led to matches on the negative star level. It wasn't until the arrival of guys like Michaels and Foley that he ever got a chance to shine in the ring.

7. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

That shoudn't make any difference. It would be nice to have just for the "historic" value (for lack of a better term).

On RVD's DVD, they included a match of him against a jobber from Saturday Night - a nothing match from his brief WCW tenure as a mid-carder (at best). But that didn't stop them from including it.

8. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp

Russell
    I'll probably grab this, I've always liked the 'Taker.

I haven't watched wrestling in a while, but the matches seem decent enough. I remember alot of his early stuff being pretty dry with 'Taker basically being a robot punching guys in the face and choke slamming them.

The one math I would of put on this would of been a match on from a PAy PEr View that I can't remeber the name of where he fought Ken Shamrock. It was super cool to see The Undertaker do mat/grapple style wrestling, it was a real eye opener to just how well rounded a wrestler he is, as opposed to just a big creepy guy who can choke slam.