What's new

The Denon AVR 5800 is coming! (1 Viewer)

Oliver

Stunt Coordinator
You need to take a look at this Link and run it with an online translation programm so be able to read what it is about. The Upgrade is for February at least in Japan, let's hope that for all others it will be not much longer.
Seems that Denon is going for the crown again. What a newer little DSP board can make a difference...
http://denon.jp/company/release/n_a1se_verup.html

TanD

Stunt Coordinator
a full translation of that page.

The corporation ƒfƒmƒ“ (the DENON) with, has received the appraisal which is higher than sale the AV ƒTƒ‰ƒEƒ“ƒhƒAƒ“ƒv which < AVC-A1SEA-N > With < AVC-A1SE-N > From February first decade we execute functional upgrade service with compensation.

These upgrade contents sell some days ago and we have received favorable comment, onto " AVC-A11SR " loaded " DTS 96/24 " correspondence to the up-to-date format " of Dolby Digital EX " " THX ultra2 " and so on of course furthermore the " Dolby Headphone " and so on loads also individual function promptly. And these are controlled, you freely use the technical * functional * new ƒTƒ‰ƒEƒ“ƒhƒtƒH[ƒ}ƒbƒg of the AV ƒTƒ‰ƒEƒ“ƒhƒAƒ“ƒv which the DENON has, you are born as the latest and most powerful flagship model which exceeds " AVC-A11SR " and change e.g., the DSP which becomes main point of further treble quality playback (the SHARC), the digital board which includes the D/A converter and the A/D converter is brushed up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Object model AVC-A1SE-N and AVC-A1SEA-N

(Being not to become the object please acknowledge other than this model)

The inside permitting/inserting Compensatory upgrade service

THX ultra2 correspondence * 1

DTS 96/24

DTS ES + THX (discrete 6.1, matrix 6.1)

Dolby Digital EX

Dolby Headphone * 2

DENON Link * 3

Dolby Pro Logic II

AAC

Sub Woo Ha - crossover frequency change function

Audio delay function

Master volume - 70dB correspondence

Adoption of New Devices * 4

(DSP, D/A converter and A/D converter, DIR (digital * interface * receiver))

Other things

Acceptance start From January 21st of 2002

Start of service February of 2002 first from decade

Acceptance * inquiry window You buy the store, and our company service center which

Charge gold (1) In case of the upgrade from AVC-A1SE: 65,000 Yen (classified by tax)

(2) In case of upgrade from the AAC version rise corresponding item, and AVC-A1SEA of AVC-A1SE: 60,000 Yen (classified by tax)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Request, notice

Concerning proposal, and the transport method et cetera of the product, at our company acceptance window please consult. Furthermore, when from the customer expense occurs in transport to our company, concerning the cost you make customer burden.

To include operation verification, because time * equipment is required, we do not receive the upgrade work due to business trip.

Business trip pulling taking and business trip delivered item installation job in case of desire, separate stipulated service charge you receive

This job executes our company service sector (the CTN) at Kanto service center. After the Kanto service center arriving 7 days (day, celebration national holiday is excluded) to receives shipment as a standard, but because transport period becomes necessary depending upon area, please acknowledge.

Because product specification becomes modification, the contents which the customer sets up are reset. Acknowledgement you ask.

For preventing the loss such as accessory, keeping makes only the substance. (Remote control, the power source cable asks the storage of the customer)

Concerning the product which has trouble at the time of acceptance, you say separate repair cost excluding guarantee period receive.

The guarantee regarding this upgrade contents is 3 months.

* 1 THX ultra2

It conforms to the audio * video quality which the Lucas film corporation proposes anew and the high quality for operativity & the high reliability standard " THX ultra 2 ". In addition, with " THX ultra 2 ", the mode which does optimum 7.1ch playback " THX ultra 2 Cinema mode " and " THX Music mode " and so on, in the movie * music source is had, the appearance impression 7.1 channel sound fields which overflow are actualized the movie material and the music material, vis-a-vis each 5.1ch source.

(1) THX ultra2 Cinema mode

Ultra2 Cinema mode using 7.1 channel systems, is the ƒTƒ‰ƒEƒ“ƒhƒ‚[ƒh which is optimum to the case where it plays back the usual 5.1ch movie source. With this mode, it actualizes simultaneously with the ƒTƒ‰ƒEƒ“ƒhƒXƒs[ƒJ and the extent impression and the normal position impression of the ƒTƒ‰ƒEƒ“ƒh by the fact that new THX processing is done in the ƒTƒ‰ƒEƒ“ƒhƒoƒbƒNƒXƒs[ƒJ[, produces the optimum plate ƒE ƒ“ ƒh sound field.

(2) THX Music mode

7.1 Using the channel system, it is mode when it plays back 5.1 ch music sources. You can obtain the sound field effect which is agreeable to the music source by the fact that new THX processing is done in the ƒTƒ‰ƒEƒ“ƒhƒ`ƒƒƒ“ƒlƒ‹ of the music source of the 5.1ch which was recorded with the DTS and the DolbyDigital et cetera.

(3) Boundary Gain Compensation

Sub Woo Ha of THX ultra2 correspondence - and there is a playback ability of the ultralow limits, (frequency characteristic has extended to the 20Hz) sub Woo Ha - low the frequency band of the limits to be raised to the case where you use, Bu - there are times when you are moved by me, but revising profit with this technology, it designates listening impression level as flat.

* 2 Dolby Headphone

With the stereophony technology due to the cooperation development with the Dolby laboratories and the Australian lake DSP corporation, it is the technology which can play back the ƒTƒ‰ƒEƒ“ƒh sound field with the usual headphone. In order the Dolby headphone does hypothetical room simulation, to fold the acoustic quality in the headphone signal left and right, when you hear with the speaker and, it is possible to inquire about the sound which has the kind of force which quite is in the cinema or the foam/home theater by hearing the homogeneous component from the ear left and right. The Dolby headphone is effective to also the stereo program not only the multichannel sound source.

* It is possible, the knitting machine being the Dolby headphone, to output the signal which you encode to the sound recording output terminal, to record with the other sound recording equipment (analog / also digital sound recording possibility).

* 3 DENON Link

You connect with the DENON player equipment which has the private terminal of future sale schedule, with 1 private cable, digital transmission of high-speed * high grade becomes possible from the stereo to multichannel. Furthermore, COAXIAL digital input is used plural (maximum of 4 systems), the multichannel PCM signal it becomes possible to input into the AVC-A1SE digitally.

* 4 New Devices

Attendant upon the execution of upgrade, it brushes up the digital board. DSP " SHARK " of the 32bit floating point type of the ƒAƒiƒƒOƒfƒoƒCƒ[ƒX corporation, the D/A converter, the A/D converter, and the DIR (the digital * interface * receiver) until in upgrade type renovation. Signal processing of the 192kHz/24bit becomes possible from to digital analog, also throughput improves substantially.

Our company service center acceptance window (nationwide 9 place)

The Sapporo service center (Sapporo) 011 - 251 - 7251

The Sendai service center

(Sendai) 022 - 211 - 7966

Kanto service center

(Omiya) 048 - 665 - 2434

Tokyo service center

(Tokyo) 03 - 3837 - 7321

Yokohama service center

(Yokohama) 045 - 681 - 8225

The Nagoya service center

(Nagoya) 052 - 583 - 8645

The Osaka service center

(Osaka) 06 - 6263 - 2931

The Hiroshima service center

(Hiroshima) 082 - 831 - 2283

Kyushu service center

(Fukuoka) 092 - 725 - 1028

As for the inquiry regarding this case the corporation ƒfƒmƒ“ advertisement section TEL. 03-3837-8915

Copyright 2001 DENON, the Ltd. All rights reserved.

PeteG

Agent
So... If I'm reading this right, give or take $600 for the upgrade. By the way, a very happy (as is) 5800 owner.

Oliver

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, 600$. But as you get a mainly new unit in change, this is more like a bargain. I mean, the B&K owners would be pretty happy to have the chance to get such an upgrade for their 305 and 307.

The digital board is the heart of every digital surround receiver or amp. If you want to integrate more features only power of the processors is what you will never have enouth of. This is why I prefer to get a hole new board, nowing for sure that with the much faster new SHARC processors features like THX 2 and DTS 24/96 will work without problems.

Also if I understud it right, the AVC A1SE Upgrade will allow a 192 / 24 digital connection. My guess is with the new Denon DVD A1.

So all will find together.

I hope the upgrade will become available for all soon, a good an exemplary product support of the AVC A1SE /AVR 5800

for sure.

Terry Wysocki

Stunt Coordinator
I just spoke with a Denon rep telling me that I, as a new 5800 owner, would be in for a great surprise in mid January and that I should check with the dealer then. I read the above "english" posts but it's Greek to me. Could someone please provide a simple explanation of what this all means?

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Terry,
Go check the denon uk site here.
For an english explanation. I've recently had a chance to listen to DPLII on my friends new 3802 and it is impressive. I didn't really care about it before but now I want that upgrade.
Patrick

GregoriusM

Second Unit
From the U.K. site:

a) Adjustable Cross-over Switching

The upgrade provides subwoofer cross-over switching with a choice of 3 cross-over frequencies: 80,100 and 120Hz. This lets you more accurately match the performance characteristics of the subwoofer to the main speaker system.

-------

Why would the upgrade not include the 40, 60, 80, 100, 120Hz switching that the 4802 has?

... Greg

Jeremy Hegna

Supporting Actor
Cool, thanks Oliver.

"Why would the upgrade not include the 40, 60, 80, 100, 120Hz switching that the 4802 has?"

I would bet that it does have the lower crossover points. Seems silly to only allow ABOVE 80hz adjustability after going to all the trouble Denon has for this upgrade. It doesn't make any sense the way the UK site has it written, not to mention that one has been there for some time. I'd bet it has even more variability than the 4802. Only makes sense, IMO.

Jeremy

GregoriusM

Second Unit
The 80, 120, 120 switching points SOUND silly, but so do they on the 3802, which has them.

I wonder if Denon dropped the ball on this upgrade, or if it was technically impossible for some reason due to it being an upgrade and not a completely new device.

Oliver

Stunt Coordinator
The information on the UK Denon Page is wrong. The crossover frequencies will be 40, 60 80, 100, 120.

The DSP Board is not the one of the AVr 4802 like some might think, but the DSP Board of the upcoming AVR 5803.

Do not forget, the Flagship is and stays the 5800. An Upgrade would never position a Flagship in quality or features below a more afordable unit of the same brand.

Take THX 2 for example. The upgrade will have it, while the 4802 is not THX 2 certified.

GregoriusM

Second Unit
I can see going from 40 to 120, except I believe you should be able to set it on a "by channel" basis, since some speakers (like mine) have a bottom end of around 60 hz mains, and 79 hz surrounds and center. So I would set the mains to 80 and the surrounds to 100. (I believe those figures are correct.) You get the point. :)

Chris Derby

Second Unit
I thought that they were originally limited to the 80hz crossover point because of the way the implemented it. I don't remeber exactly how it was explained before. I'll see if I can dig up the explanation from Denon Dave, if it still exists somewhere. I do remeber it mentioned that their bass management solution would still work on the multichannel inputs so you could have bass management on DVD-A or SACD.

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Well, lets hope this announcement here is the reason why the Denon 5800 upgrade has been so delayed and why it is so expensive. If we could get the IEEE 1394 port with the ability to decode digital audio and video that would kick ass.
Patrick

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Gregorius,

The speaker should cover another octave below the crossover point,for smooth transition,from speakers to sub.

If you listen loud it's even more important from distorsion standpoint.Most speakers[including many subs] tends to be more flat,at moderate level,but push it and the frequencies that were reproduced just ok before will be distorted,and it will affect the higher harmonics as well,in effect one will waste amplifier power for distorsion,especially it there wasn't that much to begin with,hence my comment on the 3802 power/crossover points.

Personaly I wouldn't use different crossover point for different channels,it could create more problems ,then good,but that's just my opinion.

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Thanks for sharing the great news Oliver.
Should be about 1K CDN,,but certainly much cheaper than buying a brand new receiver or Pre/Pro..
BRing it on!!!!!:):)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks