What's new

The Denon 5800 WILL have a DPLII upgrade! (1 Viewer)

Elbert Lee

Supporting Actor
Who cares about the "First receiver to get an upgrade through as RS port?" I for one just want the upgrade. I guess its Denon's spin on the situation. I would have rather had it two months ago sent to a Denon authorized repair shop for a solid upgrad rather than some unspecified rumored date through the rs port.
Just venting here. ... I'm a Denon fan and owner and love the sound. On the other side of the coin, I applaud Denon for sticking to their guns and upgrading the unit as they indicated in their AVR 5800 product press release. I also look forward (and hoping) that they include other features as well, such as DTS 24/96 (i know that not many people are interested, but if there is a superior sound quality format, I want it in my Denon)
I think people's frustration is just simply based on what ONKYO has done with such an inexpensive upgrade to DPLII and DTS ES. Nobody complains about a $1000 upgrade cost for the TAG or THETA. Furthermore, it's easy to criticize the Flagship receiver models when comparing them to USED or inexpensive separates, but, for me, I don't mind paying extra for the Denon, knowing that i have a top notch constructed piece of equipment and STILL owning a solid power amp on the side to supplement it. I believe there is a market for both (A Ford Festiva and Honda Accord can both go 60mph, but I rather have the Honda)
Elbert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks