What's new

The Denon 4802 or the upcoming outlaws? (1 Viewer)

Luis M

Second Unit
I am undecided on two upcoming products The denon 4802 and the Outlaws, 950 Preamp/procesor- 770 power amp combination. I have no idea what the price for the outlaw combination will be. but the street price for the Denon may be around 1,700. I would guess the sound of seperates would be better but the Denons also have a good reputation. Since nobody has heard either I guess it may not be easy to advise. But based on previous experience, maybe some of you may help.Thank you.

Henry W

Stunt Coordinator
The Outlaw combination will run about $2750 (amp $1800/preamp processor $950.) NO real date set for release yet.
The Denon 4802 is set for release shortly and will retail for $2400 or better.
I would suggest listening before purchasing. If you need something right away, the Denon will be available almost immediately. If you can wait, you may wish to consider other options such as the Denon 5802 and other seperates in the same price range.
Best regards-Henry
------------------

J

John Morris

Luis: if you currently have a decent pre/pro or receiver that you can live with for awhile, I'd wait a bit. The B&M 4802 price will come out initially just under full retail and then, depending on the early reviews, either slightly go up in price or gradually come down. Of course, from unauthorized online dealers the price of the 4802 will be market driven and not fixed, so if you like buying online, the price, as long as Denon doesn't stop selling to these online dealers, will be somewhere around cost plus 15%, or less.
I am in the same situation as you, and I'm gonna wait for the Outlaw units, and then make my decision.
------------------
Take Care,
merc
----------------
DFAST, 5C, DVI, HDCP, SafeAudio, Macrovision and Lewinski!!!

Oliver

Stunt Coordinator
The Outlaw's should be the better deal compared to the 4802. no word of any upgradeble 4802 also while Outlaw say so.
On the other Hand if you compare the Outlaws to a 5800 or the upcoming 5802 this could be a hole other story. So this is wait and see.
------------------

Luis M

Second Unit
Well I guess I will have to wait. But you know how it is, when you want it you want it and it's going to be a couple of tough months ahead. Thanks for the help

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks