What's new

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Hopefully, we will move forward in the future and give Turkey's proper credit for their many contributions to filmmaking.
It's funny, I've always loved The Muppet Christmas Carol, but now I feel like I'm cheating on it by loving this one so much.
Yes, let us never forget the wonderful performance of the turkey from Christmas Vacation. View attachment 53590
Let's not forget Turkey's stellar appearances in MERRY CHRISTMAS, MR. BEAN (1992), and in the cinematic film, BEAN (1997)! ;)

hqdefault.jpg

727ce96cbad382e911f4854cb03399e0.jpg

CHEERS! :)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
FXM is airing this tonight at 6:50 Eastern.
I scanned through it. Unrestored print. The missing words from Mrs. Dilber are there.

Odd that the print on FXM was old while the print on TCM was great. The print on TCM was distributed 20th TV per the end credits. You would think if Fox is distributing the film to TV they would provide their film channel with the good print instead of a Gold Key print which is what TV station broadcast when the film was locally syndicated. back in the 50's and 60's. It's still being shown today on FXM if anyone is curious.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
With the Animals as the Wolf pack. Shows you how weird and far out 60s television could be.
Yeah, there was a hipped-up animated version of Alice in Wonderland subtitled What's a Nice Girl Like You Doin' in a Place Like This? (In fact, the subtitle was afforded a title song.) I somehow found a station in the 1980s that broadcast a rerun of it and made a VHS tape of it. Haven't watched it in a long, long time, but now I might try to find it and give it another look.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
View attachment 53648

It’s from a musical TV special from 1967 called “The Dangerous Christmas of Red Riding Hood.” She is singing with Cyril Ritchard.

Cyril Ritchard is best known for playing Captain Hook in the Mary Martin version of Peter Pan. For those who watch the Amazon Prime show " The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel", he is the singer of "On A Wonderful Day Like Today" which is sort of the show's theme song.

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
The Canadian movie channel ("The Movie Channel", in perfect Canadian style) has been rebranded "Crave" for some reason. They carry HBO, Showtime, and lots of other programming as well, and they have a massive On Demand service which is free to subscribers (I get it from Shaw Cable). I mention all of this because Crave carries an On Demand HD version of the 1951 "Christmas Carol", and attention Tony Bensley: it has "For reaching it out" included! The bad news is that it seems to be the same transfer used for the Emerald Blu-Ray, which is very weak compared to VCI's Blu-Ray. But still - "A Christmas Carol" in HD, with Mrs. Dilber's full line, and available On Demand from my cable provider, it all spells progress to me!

John Maher_289910

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Maher
I watched Sims' version, again, a couple of weeks ago, and am reminded of a couple reasons why I don't find it in the same league as George C. Scott's version. The cast of the Scott version is just perfection, to me. Tiny Tim is actually tiny and looks quite frail. By comparison, the one in the Sims' version is too big and hearty-looking. There is also too much around his acquiring his wealth in the Sims' version. Mr. Magoo takes care of it in a line or two, and it's just as effective. I like it, because I, mostly, like all the real versions of "A Christmas Carol", but it isn't definitive, to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks