What's new

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Mark Cappelletty said:
Good to hear as my copy from Amazon also is missing the radio show on the bonus DVD.
Hi Mark!

Thank you very much for clarifying that your A CHRISTMAS CAROL VCI Blu-Ray/DVD set, which is minus the Radio Program and Fred Guida Bibliography came directly from Amazon!

It has occurred to me that a lot of trouble would have been saved had the liner notes for the 2012 VCI Blu-Ray/DVD Combo also been changed to accurately reflect the content! That there are also copies from Amazon that contain the alternative content indicates to me that this discrepancy is much more widespread than I had previously thought!

CHEERS!

Tony

Garysb

Senior HTF Member

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Garysb said:
Through Dec 2 VCI Entertainment is having a 60% off retail sale. However a check shows its not 60% off. Code reduces price to $9.89. Not a bad price but not 60% MSRP which is listed on site as $19.99 with the webprice listed as $15.99.

VCIBF60

http://www.vcientertainment.com/Film-Categories?keyword=A%20Christmas%20Carol&product_id=655

You need an order over $50 for free shipping.
Hi Gary!

Ordering directly through VCI is probably the best way of ensuring that the Bonus DVD is included on the A CHRISTMAS CAROL Blu-Ray/DVD Combo as advertised!

That is, except for those who actually prefer to get the DVD with the same features as the Blu-Ray disc, instead!

CHEERS! :)

Tony

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Tony Bensley said:
Hi Gary!

Ordering directly through VCI is probably the best way of ensuring that the Bonus DVD is included on the A CHRISTMAS CAROL Blu-Ray/DVD Combo as advertised!

That is, except for those who actually prefer to get the DVD with the same features as the Blu-Ray disc, instead!

Tony
Yup, I'm sending my Amazon disc back to them and have reordered directly from VCI.

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
What a great read this thread has been. Many thanks to all who have contributed.

I've decided to order the 2012 BD/DVD edition direct from VCI using the above coupon.

Although I have an older DVD version of this fine film somewhere in my collection, I think it's time for an upgrade. :)

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
vcm_s_kf_repr_631x822.jpg

Old Fezziwig!

Attachments

• vcm_s_kf_repr_631x822.jpg
    vcm_s_kf_repr_631x822.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 34

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I just received the BD from VCI with the correct discs. I verified the second disc with the "Campbell Playhouse" A Christmas Carol. In the next two weeks, I will sit down and watch this BD as well as the 1938 BD. As a film buff, it's a day I'm looking forward to.

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
Robert Crawford said:
I just received the BD from VCI with the correct discs. I verified the second disc with the "Campbell Playhouse" A Christmas Carol. In the next two weeks, I will sit down and watch this BD as well as the 1938 BD. As a film buff, it's a day I'm looking forward to.
I ordered mine a day or two after you did. Hopefully, it will arrive from VCI soon.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
This thread is a great example of why I continue to love this forum.

I just ordered this set through VCI's site. I *LOVE* radio dramas in general so getting that as bonus content that I can only count on via ordering through VCI is utterly worth it.
Thanks to everyone that has contributed to this thread!

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
Mark Walker said:
This thread is a great example of why I continue to love this forum.

I just ordered this set through VCI's site. I *LOVE* radio dramas in general so getting that as bonus content that I can only count on via ordering through VCI is utterly worth it.
Thanks to everyone that has contributed to this thread!
VCI has done a fantastic job on "A Christmas Carol". I've owned the 1951 version in every format from VHS ($39.95!) through Laserdisc, and then DVD and now Blu-Ray. I still have several editions on Blu-Ray and on DVD, and have had occasion to compare them all several different ways in the last couple of months. Every time I come back to the VCI Blu-Ray, I'm amazed anew. Minor anomalies aside, there's nothing else remotely close in picture quality or audio quality. The extras in this latest edition are extensive, interesting, useful, and imaginative. A small company like VCI has to try harder to compete, and they most certainly have. If this VCI Blu-Ray set didn't exist, would another company have made such an effort? "A Christmas Carol" with Alastair Sim has been my favourite Christmas movie for over 50 years, and there will probably never be a better home video version than this absolutely delightful one. Thank you, people at VCI.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I find myself with a slight, though not necessarily disagreeable dilemma.

In receiving a replacement Blu-Ray/DVD combo (Which includes the Campbells Soup A CHRISTMAS CAROL Radio program from 1939, and the Fred Guida Bibliography, along with the main Feature.), I now find myself with TWO 2012 VCI Blu-Ray SCROOGE disks, and the Standalone DVD, which includes the same Bonus Features!

Perhaps I'll prepare some alternate liner notes for one of these at some point? :)

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
I had the privilege of seeing Alastair Sim's Scrooge on the big screen this afternoon at the TIFF Bell Lightbox in Toronto! What a treat it was to see it on the big screen and in such a gorgeous venue. There was a pretty decent turn out, which was nice to see. It was great to see all of my favourite characters flash upon the screen and come alive once again, and the print even had the original British Board of Film Sensors classification card before the main titles, something I'd never seen before!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks