What's new

The Dead Zone Season One "Bonus" DVD (1 Viewer)

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere (a quick search my me came up blank) but here's my question.

My Season 1 set of THE DEAD ZONE makes reference to using a "Bounce Back Card" to obtain a Bonus DVD of the original unaired pilot episode. There's even a slot in the case to store it. Where is this card? Is it supposed to be included in the set (I found nothing) or is it something that you get clues about while watching the DVDs?

Any help steering me in the right direction would be appreciated. I hesitate to start watching the discs (never saw the show but loved the book and it came highly recommended) in case the bonus disc is something I might want to view first.

Thanks.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
My set came with the card inside. You're supposed to mail it along with $4.95(I think) in order to receive the "free" bonus disc. That's odd if you didn't get the card. You might wanna contact Lion's Gate about that.

That being said, you definitely don't need to see the unaired pilot before watching the first season though.

MaraKM

Stunt Coordinator
You can definitely go ahead and start watching the set without the extra disc. The 'unaired pilot' is the same as the broadcast pilot except for a slightly different ending (same results, just a different setting). I never bothered sending away for the bonus disc -- I had seen the alternate-ending scene when I rented the pilot back before they released the season 1 set, and didn't think it was interesting enough to warrant spending $6 to own it.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I just recently bought this set too... and like you I did not have the bounceback card to fill out...

I did some long searching to find a site (didn't save the addy: Sorry) that said that the offer was expired so I just left that to my bad luck and forgot about it.

Great set and great show too!... I am sure you will enjoy it... I love that they didn a commentary for every episode!

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
One of our members (thank you Deb Walsh) e-mailed me explaining that the "offer" expired last year so this is a moot point at this time. I would also expect that this might be the reason why the card with the offer was not in the set I just purchased.

In any event, thanks for the information regarding the content of this disc and the non-necessity to watch it first. Sounds to me like it's no big deal and not something that I would ever miss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks