What's new

The Dead Zone season 5 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Just in case any Dead Zone fan forgets, the season 5 premiere is on tonight after The 4400 on USA.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, the season started with an aura of darkness. Sad to see Laura Harris's character go, but being married to Greg Stillson would not have been a picnic, either.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It wasn't too bad of an opener. I don't like it but I'm prepared for a run of non-Stillson episodes now. I really enjoy this show but if they could get bigger budgets, the series would be incredible.

It was nice to see a nod to Michael Piller at the end.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This is probably the last season for The Dead Zone as the actors are not contracted for a 6th season, though there is an option for a 6th season between USA Network and Liongate, but if it were to go on, it might only be Anthony Michael Hall back for another season (since other actors might not be available for filming in 2007).

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
What's interesting is how in 2002, "The Dead Zone" and "Monk" (along with "The Shield") really transformed basic cable from a clearinghouse of re-runs to a world offering programming that was (in many instances) more compelling than network television at that time.

I thought the opener was good. As stated earlier, if they had a bigger budget for the show, the eps and plotlines could probably be incredible.

Regardless, this show has proven that you can make compelling stories on a budget.

I'd take a 6th season even if it were only Anthony Michael Hall. I am sure they could get the others back for enough guest appearances to make it worth our while.

I don't think they'd need a 12 or 13 episode 6th season...perhaps something like 6 eps that could focus on the story with Stillson and give some closure to the show.

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
how much is hall getting paid? The budget looks to have been severly trimmed from seasons 1 and 2. If he's making 150k per episode, he should just take a pay cut and spread that wealth around.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

I thought I remember reading somewhere that the plan was to resolve the series in Season 5 so that the ending is in line with the original movie (I'll shut up for anyone who might not be familiar with this in the interest of spoilers.) That might explain why the contracts were structured like they were. Unfortunately I can't recall the source of this information but I throw it out there for further comment. And I suppose there could be a sixth season if the writers wanted to get creative but I personally would like to see this resolve itself without overstaying its welcome. I've enjoyed this series immensely and would like to see it go out with its head held high.

My 2 cents.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The only reason to milk another season is because Anthony Michael Hall would rake it more dough in a profit-participation deal in seasons after the 5th season since he's also a producer for the show.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Tonight's episode reminded me of that Monk episode where everyone was stuck on the highway, but bad things were afoot. Anyhow, not a bad standalone episode, it had the feel of one of the earlier episodes in terms of flashbacks and flashforwards.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
This show always has pretty satisfying stand-alone eps, even if they're inconsequential in the main scheme of themes. Sort of "Fugitive"-esque, hopping from situation to situation. They can make the show anything depending on where they stick him.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks