What's new

The Dead Zone Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Nicodemus

Stunt Coordinator
I was very disappointed with this season which contained almost nothing but dull, predictable over-sentimental standalone episodes wrapped in a very basic detective show shell. This isn't the same The Dead Zone which I loved whole three years, this is formulastic (is that a word?) crap. The last episode was passable, fine, but that's not much when nearly all other episodes (except perhaps that painting episode which was nicely haunting) have been waste of time. There's nothing original left in the show.

Okay. Vented. I'll be still watching the next season, I just want to know if the arc is going anywhere.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If Stilson's wife-to-be (Laura Harris) shows up next season, that would be enough enticement for me to tune in. I like her better with longer blonde hair, like when she's playing Daisy Adair on "Dead Like Me". As short as it is now, she looks like she could pass for Lilly's sister from "The 4400".

Nicodemus

Stunt Coordinator

Agreed. Especially in seasons one and two they were very good to show what it meant to be a psychic and how it made Johnny's life more difficult and sometimes even painful. And why they even have four principals in the cast since they don't have any use for them anymore? There's no flame between Johnny and Sarah anymore and no follow-up to the first season situation when they slept togethet. Bruce is just a regular Watson now, whereas previously he had an more integral part as Johnny's therapeutist - now he just follows Johnny around like a dog. And Walt is the one where to call for police information or when you need someone arrested, nothing more.

It's a shame since this show was very, very good during it's first two or three seasons. Let's see if they can return to form next season.

Oh, and thanks for the help with that one difficult word!

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

Ditto on that! I wish Laura Harris had been cast in something by Joss Whedon, but not having had that opportunity she's still managing to be in some great genre shows ("24", "Dead Like Me").

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
I checked out USA's website and they're listing new episodes for Monk next week but the Dead Zone doesn't start until June.

Any idea why is that? Both shows usually start around the same time.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Actually Monk always has new episodes in January, and dead zone follows around summer time

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks