What's new

The Dead Pit.......Finally! (1 Viewer)

troy evans

Screenwriter
I may be the only one on here who cares, but, the Brett Leonard film "The Dead Pit" is finally coming to dvd next week. It's in an 1:85 anamorphic widescreen ratio and is UNRATED, which makes this release really interesting. Since the film has only exsisted on R rated VHS for some time now. There's been rumored unrated cuts of this film floating around out there and if true the're rare and quality has surely suffered over the years. Zombie fans will love this. It got to me back when I first saw it as a teenager and has left an impression ever since.

Mattias_ka

Supporting Actor
Great news. What company is releasing it?
Is the dutch VHS version also a R-rated version?

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
From Welcome to DVD Drive-In! The Latest Cult Movie DVD Reviews!

On June 17, Code Red DVD will release THE DEAD PIT, the 1989 zombie film which was the directional debut of Brett Leonard (LAWNMOWER MAN, VIRTUOSITY). This will be the first time THE DEAD PIT will be available uncut in the U.S, with all the gore that was removed from the R-rated version. THE DEAD PIT DVD will feature: a brand new anamorphic director-approved widescreen transfer from the original IP of the UNCUT director's cut of the film; an audio commentary with director Brett Leonard, producer Gimel Everett and the late (and DVD Drive-In favorite) Jeremy Slate; on-camera interviews with Leonard, Everett, Slate and star Cheryl Lawson; and the original theatrical trailer. The MSRP is 19.98.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I'd read about this film years ago. I always had an interest in seeing it one day. I purchased the Best Buy 2 disc version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morkys
Recent bookmarks