The Days and Extreme Makeover Home Edition

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Nelson Au, Aug 9, 2004.

1. Nelson Au

Nelson Au Executive Producer

Don't see anyone talking about this new show; The Days. Sort of like The Wonder Years in a way. Attractive cast, the wife and daughter are nice to look at. Also feels a little like 30 Something. Perhaps it will not last too long.

I am curious how ABC will redo the Fall schedule. Extreme Makeover Home Edition is a hit and I like it, but it could become another Millionaire show and get too much exposure from all the nights they air it. In the Fall, of course Alias will return (In January) as well as the Practice spin off. Guess they come back to Sunday nights and they'll shuffle The Days and Home Edition.

2. Dave Miller

Dave Miller Supporting Actor

I think your right. Over exposure drives me nuts whether it's Millionaire, AI, or EMHE. I guess networks and producers worry that the window of opportunity for a show is so small that when a show gets popular, they go nuts and slot it for several times in a week.

EMHE is a great show, but I only have time to watch it once a week.

Peace,

DM

3. Bob-N

Bob-N Supporting Actor

That's the rub. I think anymore than twice a week for EMHE will overexpose it quickly. I thought I saw that it will be on Sundays and Tuesdays.

4. Keith I

Keith I FoS

Keith
    EMHE is such a great reality show (the only one I really try to watch). It got my vote for People's Choice Award for Best Reality Series. No one is acting stupid, like a jerk, or selfishly. This really brings out the best in people.

http://abc.go.com/primetime/xtremehome/index.html

5. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

Next week on EHME, a child's home is redone.. he has OI.. it's a brittle bone disease my brother was also born with.. so, I'll definitely be tuning in. While the child in the show has a form of it that is much less severe (he could walk) the fragility is still present, and I'm very interested to see what they do!

6. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

My wife and I really enjoy EMHE and have seen all of them. I only have one growing problem with the show. I know that it's cool to have Sears and ABC dish out all kinds of money to give deserving people new houses and cool stuff. They deserve to have their stuff showcased and products mentioned.

But does anyone else think the forced advertising they do during the show is getting a little overdone? It used to be that Disney would get a mention when they would announce that the family is going to Disney for a week. And Sears would make sure their products were shown during the build. Sears also did a little montage towards the end showing "300 workers...200 Sears tools....10 Sears appliances...blah blah"

But now they are inserting what amounts to commercials in the middle of the show. "Let's all go to Sears and get all the stuff for the house! Look! Pool tables! Game tables! Clothes! Furniture!" with all of the designers looking positively thrilled to be at Sears.

Last night they had DWARVES from Disney helping with the demolition.

7. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Cinematographer

When they start having stars from Disney movies coming out as "special surprise guests" that's when I'll stop watching. Bad enough we have the bimbos from Des. Housewives on Monday Night Football!

8. Brian W. Ralston

Brian W. Ralston Supporting Actor

Brian W. Ralston
    You guys have to remember though that Disney (with their ownership of ABC) is essentially paying for these "new" houses along with Sears. I agree that the show seems to bring the best out in people and I believe its intentions are in the right place. As a result, I could really care less about their in show marketing. At this level...they deserve it IMHO.

9. Joseph S

Joseph S Cinematographer

Well, now I see how EMHO is avoiding the tax implications. According to Daily Variety/CNN, they lease the house for two weeks.

Apparenly, Fox didn't think it out so well and one victim of "Renovate my Family" now has a $529,000 tax bill.

http://money.cnn.com/2005/04/15/news...ex.htm?cnn=yes