What's new

The Darkness (1 Viewer)

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Has anybody else heard the band The Darkness? My God I had 80's metal flashbacks listening to these guys. Guitar solos, screaming vocals, and cheesy lyrics...I thought I had died and gone back to high school. I may pick up their latest album if I can find it used, which should prove difficult.

Craig: Mclaren

Second Unit
I have, they are a UK act who are trying to take us back to a time when music was fun. They have build up a decent following here in the past three months. The debut album went No.1 and is selling well. They recently broke the Top 5 with their 3rd single. The UK tour has also sold out. I think these chaps are in it for the long run. :D

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Unfortunatly I have. I just can't stand the lead singer. Otherwise, they could be pretty good...

Jason

Jason_H

Second Unit
Unfortunatly I have. I just can't stand the lead singer. Otherwise, they could be pretty good...
It's really funny that you mention that. I am not a metal fan by any means, but there are a few bands (namely AC/DC and Guns 'n Roses) who I would enjoy a whole lot more if it weren't for their awful lead singers.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
It's really funny that you mention that. I am not a metal fan by any means, but there are a few bands (namely AC/DC and Guns 'n Roses) who I would enjoy a whole lot more if it weren't for their awful lead singers.
Actually, technically GnR have done that with Scott Weiland heading up Slash's new project, Velvet Revolver...

Jason

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
The singer is what makes this band ... great stuff, but besides 2-3 real instant hit songs on the record, it is pretty filler.

They do have a good buzz about them going though ...

Can't quite figure out if they are a joke band or serious.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
I just picked this up today for 10 bucks at Target out of curiousity. I don't really know what I think about it yet. It's definitely different than most stuff out there today.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I think this is the worst thing to hit the airwaves in 15 years. I listen to a hard rock station here in Hartford and whenever the Darkness comes on, it is the ONLY SONG that makes me turn the dial. Supposedly, the DJ's at the station say the Darkness is the most polarizing band they play...half the people love them, half cannot stand them...there is no in between. For me, I am in the latter group. I friggin hate them.

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
As usual, when music tastes change, the music doesn't go away, it just goes underground.

Check out melodicrock for better bands than the Darkness.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
At first, I couldn't stand these guys due to the lead singer (and horrible mental images of him from the video). However, I must admit they really grew on me. A buddy of mine picked it up before a 7-hour road trip, so we got a good listen to it. I think it's a really solid album and kicks much ass in an '80's kinda way!:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks