What's new

The Dark Knight sequel discussion thread (casting, villians, etc) (1 Viewer)

EricW

Senior HTF Member
how about Daniel Day Lewis as the Penguin, or any other villain for that matter....

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
It wouldn't even have to be The Penguin as Lewis has proven he can give an amazing performance in any role. I'd be all for him in the next flick. :emoji_thumbsup:

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
Would Day Lewis even take a role in such a high profile film? He turned down playing Aragorn in Lord of the Rings. I guess the biggest "blockbuster" film he ever attempted was The Last of the Mohicans.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Day-Lewis seems to have attached himself to a few high-profile Hollywood musicals, so I think he's trying to branch out a bit. Batman villain would be right up his alley. :D

Jeff

Supporting Actor
Just out of curiosity, where are these actor names coming from, that people seem to think are be considered for the next movie? None of them are consistent with what Nolan would want and has used in the previous movies. Angelina Jolie? The most talked about female celebrity that was in those god awful Tomb Raider movies? Even as just a love interest, she would be a joke.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
They're just rumors instigated by the press/media. Jolie seems/seemed like a good fit for the Catwoman type. She was my pick for the role a few years ago, even before Batman Begins was made. Now, I'm not too sure.

Pete-D

Screenwriter
I think they should just skip the Catwoman character altogether.

I just think it would be difficult to do without making things sillier/lighter even if you play her as a strict cat burglar type.

If he has to have a love interest then make a new character or try Vicky Vale or Talia al Ghul.

Rachel Weisz as Talia is the best idea I've heard. Stay away far away from Angelina Jolie/Catwoman please. That would be perfect if the movies were still being in the Burton/Schumacher era, but not now.

Tyler Gagnon

Stunt Coordinator
I agree, No Catwoman, Very uninteresting villian. And after Michelle Pfiefer's annoying performance, just makes me hate that villian even more.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
: () Now this I don't get. Her performance is one of the best in any comic book film.

Pete-D

Screenwriter
Pfefier was good in Batman Returns, but that's a different kind of film.

Problem is Catwoman is just too sexualized of a character, I think putting that into the Nolan universe just makes it too silly.

Jeff

Supporting Actor
Although not surprising, it seems as though everyone here has forgotten the abysmal Catwoman 2004 movie, starring Halle Berry. I believe this was deemed one of the worst movies of all time. Nolan is going to have to really work some magic if he wants to erase most peoples idea of who or what she is. If he announces he is doing Catwoman, he better quickly explain how he is going to handle the character, since most think of her as a cheesy whip wielding chick in a tight costume.

The Dawson's Creek girl who's only really known for being married to Tom Cruise? Yes I did catch her appearence.

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don

I don't think I'd like to see that, but I tell ya, that was EASILY my most memorable experience with The Animated Series. I couldn't believe that was Alan Rachins behind that voice...

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
That's funny. I was just going to suggest they introduce Robin. Robin is a great character, and without him, Batman's just a lone nut vigilante. Robin serves as his moral compass and humanizes him, as Wayne get's redemption through Robin. If they did the Tim Drake model done in the comics and on BTAS, it would be top notch. Just make him Dick GRayson.

The reason everyone hates Robin is because he's either been a stupid retard like in the old TV show, or a total asshole in the Schumaker films. Or they could go the Serial route and have look like he;s ready to light up a smoke and stab a guy with a switchblade at any moment. :P

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don

True, but try as I might, I can't picture Nolan's take on Batman involving a "kid sidekick." I hope Nolan sticks to his guns and finishes his trilogy "sans Boy Wonder."

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Really? I see him doing it the same way he did the rest of it. Don't treat Robin like a comic book kid side kick, but as a troubled kid who lost his family, stumbles across the bat cave, and then wants in. The Nolan films work mainly cause he doesn't treat the world or the characters in comic book stereotypes. Introduce this in the 3rd film, with Robin not getting suited up and his first patrol till the 4th. Be really cool. Villian could be FIRE FLY, pulling arsons for the Falconi crime family, one of them being the circus bit that kills Grayson family. Neat way to use a grade C villian and sets up a new series of films that would be more seperate from these ones as far as the arc.

Nolan, feel free to email me for my adress to send the cheque too... :P

Shane D

Supporting Actor
or bybass robin all together and jump to nightwing. nothing says the ward has to be 12. 16-18 would still be in a area that bruce could take an interest and train a recruit, especially being disheartened with how the hockey pads brigade faired in thier try.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks