What's new

The Dark Knight sequel discussion thread (casting, villians, etc) (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member

Funny you said that. Rhona was the model that the Tomb Raider computer character was based.

Rolando

Screenwriter
definitely NOT a flatering picture...
But she does seem to have the look required for catwoman.

I just don't think catwoman is a good idea. I am still trying to get over how bad it has been for that character the last few outings.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Personally, I'd be perfectly happy if Catwoman was NOT a part of the third film. I would prefer The Riddler and possibly even The Penguin(if Phillip Seymour Hoffman was given the role as rumored), but another iteration of Catwoman does nothing for me.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member

If that pic doesn't flatter her, I wish to meet a ton of more girls unflattering like that
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Always better to go with a relative unknown than a superstar in these roles. I don't know who this woman is, but if the director thinks she's best for the role, that's good enough for me.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Unless she was hiding her reservoir of acting talent in the film I saw her in, I'm not too keen Rhona Mitra.

I've long since quit fantasy casting based on looks. I'll take talent over some surface resemblance to what a few artists once drew.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I would prefer Riddler and Penguin to Catwoman.

I think Catwoman will be in the next film because of the personal dilemma she represents to Bruce Wayne.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Haven't been in this thread for a while, so....anyone think Eric Roberts will be back? There was no concrete resolution for Maroni. His car flipped over, Dent got away unhurt because of his seatbelt, worn as he shot the car's driver. Maroni's fate was completely unknown.

Possible, isn't it? They could even have Falcone make an appearance if he's not as damaged as he was due to Scarecrow's toxin. Maybe they'll end up together in prison, with a vague reference to Joker being there, but not actually seen.

I just learned that the guy who played Wuertz (Ron Dean) killed a Chicago Police Officer when he was a teenager. Talk about irony considering he's made a career out of playing cop roles.

Rolando

Screenwriter
Oh yes, I saw all those. She looks gorgeous in those. Actually they (and others I saw on IMDB) are the reason I felt compelled to state how un-flatering that particular picture was.
Fact remains though that hot or not I really think catwoman is a mistake. I Nolan thinks it's good then I'll trust him. What I don't want is him being forced to add catwoman to script much like Sam Raimi was forced to have Venom in the 3rd spidey.
It killed that movie and I don't want the third Batman movie to suffer the same fate.

Brian Borst

Screenwriter

Well, after the load of money Nolan made for Warner, I don't think he'll be forced into anything. Unless he decides to add rubber nipples on the batsuit, or something :laugh:.
I just hope we get an original villain now. Someone who hasn't been used in the movies. Otherwise we'd just get a rehash of the first films.
And if Catwoman does appear I hope it's Scarlett Johansson. Christopher Nolan has worked with her before, and she would look hot as hell in a catsuit
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Some info:

http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/its-a-bird-its-a-plane-its-chris-nolan-hell-mentor-superman-3-0-while-preparing-3rd-batman/

Glad to hear the Nolan bros. and Goyer are working on the story.

Other than my hopes for Riddler or Firefly, best idea I've read online for villain is Deadshot. As my friend with this idea stated:

"Deadshot would be another great choice. He would be especially appropriate as a hitman that the Gotham officials hire off the books to attack Batman, given that Batman is now an outcast."

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
Here' an idea: Now that Nolan has taken over the Superman franchise, maybe he could have Superman in the next Batman film and have some sort of World's Finest team up or something like The Dark Knight Falls.

Basically this would introduce the audience to Nolan's version of Superman and then he could go on making a stand alone Superman movie without having to waste an hour on his origin or something.

"This is the end, Clark. For both of us."

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
You can take this with a grain of salt, but according to IGN, Ed Norton has talked to Nolan or auditioned for a role in BM3. Most likely, Riddler.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Jose Martinez

Here' an idea: Now that Nolan has taken over the Superman franchise, maybe he could have Superman in the next Batman film and have some sort of World's Finest team up or something like The Dark Knight Falls.
I'd love to see a Batman/Superman team up, but Nolan is adamant that nothing supernatural exists in his Batman universe, Superman included. He feels that the fantasy inherent to the concept of Superman undercuts the verisimilitude he's worked to create over the first two movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks