What's new

The Dark Knight Rises (2012) (3 Viewers)

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I don't normally get limited editions, but that broken mask limited edition looks pretty cool.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
That trailer was funny and also hit on the problems I had with the movie. I still enjoyed it more than agreeing with that trailer would seem to indicate. My biggest issue was (and continues to be) for a batman movie there was very little Batman.

fGriggs

Auditioning
Real Name
Freddy Griggs
I was sorely disappointed when I saw it. Some of the angles that the fight scenes were at ruined the moment (you could tell that they weren't actually hitting each other), and then there was some moments where there was no music at all, and it was just them fighting... kinda boring, and It didn't pass along the emotions of the moment. They had such great potential, but I got the feeling that they gave up on it half way through the editing process.
---------------------
Top 100 Zombie Movies

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Hi Freddy and welcome to Home Theater Forum.
I strongly disagree with your comments.
The lack of music during the first fight with Bane worked perfectly for me and added to the realism and intensity.
I dont need or want a background music track during everything that goes on in a movie.
Also I couldn't find this movie boring if i tried.

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
fGriggs said:
I was sorely disappointed when I saw it. Some of the angles that the fight scenes were at ruined the moment (you could tell that they weren't actually hitting each other), and then there was some moments where there was no music at all, and it was just them fighting... kinda boring, and It didn't pass along the emotions of the moment. They had such great potential, but I got the feeling that they gave up on it half way through the editing process.
---------------------
Top 100 Zombie Movies
I actually felt that the lack of music during the first Bane/Batman fight made a very unsettling tone for the scene, as if something was going very wrong for Batman. For me the movie got better with multiple viewings, and I get goosebumps watching the finale.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Bryan Ri /t/300246/the-dark-knight-rises/450#post_4012689
I actually felt that the lack of music during the first Bane/Batman fight made a very unsettling tone for the scene, as if something was going very wrong for Batman. For me the movie got better with multiple viewings, and I get goosebumps watching the finale.

When I first saw "DKR", I liked it but didn't love it. I had to get "Dark Knight" - which I loved from Screening 1 - out of my head and stop comparing the two.

I've now seen "DKR" three additional times and I seem to like it more and more each time. I can better appreciate the seemingly-slow first two hours and invest in the movie without baggage.

And the ending really is awesome. Call it spinoff bait if you want, but it works!

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Bryan Ri said:
If you watch the extras, this was exactly Nolan's reasoning. He made a conscious decision to not score the fight scene.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I actually felt that the lack of music during the first Bane/Batman fight made a very unsettling tone for the scene, as if something was going very wrong for Batman.
Agreed. Found it quite chilling when I saw it for the first time in the theater.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Absolutely agree on the choice for no soundtrack during that scene. Nothing between you and the brutality that Bane perpetrated on Batman. Exactly as it should be.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I've only seen the movie in the theater once. I didn't catch there was no music in the beating scene. I was too busy cringing and wishing for the scene to be over.

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
Johnny Angell said:
I've only seen the movie in the theater once. I didn't catch there was no music in the beating scene. I was too busy cringing and wishing for the scene to be over.
Cringing at what?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks