What's new

The Dark Knight Rises -- missing dialogue on Blu-ray/DVD (1 Viewer)

willdude

Auditioning
Real Name
Will
(Cross-posted from blu-ray.com.) I finally got around to watching my Blu-ray copy of The Dark Knight Rises last night, and during one exchange between Lucius Fox and Bruce Wayne, I immediately noticed that it was missing some dialogue that I remembered from seeing the movie in theaters. I went and found a script online which replicates the exchange as I remember it:
INT. FRONT HALL, WAYNE MANOR - CONTINUOUS Wayne opens the front door the find Fox. Fox is surprised. FOX Answering your own door? WAYNE Yes. Could you decode the trades on that drive? Fox hands Wayne a newspaper - the main headline: BATMAN BACK TO FOIL OR MASTERMIND STOCK RAID... FOX I didn’t need to. Page three. Wayne turns the page: WAYNE DOUBLES DOWN - AND LOSES...
In both the Blu-ray and accompanying DVD, it cuts straight from Wayne saying "Yes" to Fox saying "Page three", cutting out the two lines in between. I saw the movie twice in theaters, once in real IMAX and once in Liemax, and I'm positive those lines were there in at least one of those viewings. I'm willing to bet that if you went to the seedier parts of the internet and found a hand-cam recording from the theatrical run, those lines would be there. (I'm not willing to attempt this myself, however.) Now obviously these two lines aren't a huge deal, though they do serve to explicitly resolve what happened with the encoded trades Wayne gave to Lucius to examine. More than anything, it's just kind of bizarre, and makes me wonder if there were other things changed in the movie that I didn't notice, or if this is common with other movies as well. Did this, or anything else, stand out to anyone else?

willdude

Auditioning
Real Name
Will
I guess it's not unheard of for a theatrical movie to have slightly different prints -- there was something about one of the LotR movies missing subtitles in some prints but having them in others.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks