What's new

The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance (1 Viewer)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The_Dark_Crystal_Age_of_Resistance_Logo.jpg

The journey begins as darkness rises. Join three Gelfling heroes on an epic quest to save their world.

Taron Egerton (Rocketman), Anya Taylor-Joy (The Witch), and Nathalie Emmanuel (Game of Thrones) fill the main voice roles, with the larger secondary cast including big names such as Mark Hamill, Helena Bonham Carter, and Keegan-Michael Key. Directed by Louis Leterrier (The Incredible Hulk), the series will consist of 10 hour-long episodes.

The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance premieres on Netflix on Aug. 30.

Last edited:

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I saw Wendy and Toby Froud in November at Faeriecon East and they were very excited with all the work building towards this. They couldn't reveal any details, but you tell.

With luck they will be able to appear there again this year to give behind the scenes information.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Premiered today and it looks beautiful. The first episode is a lot of exposition, but damn, the look of this show is unlike anything else I've seen Netflix do... and the storytelling sucked me in right away.

This is truly beautiful show.. the best way I can describe it is: Game of Thrones for young adults.. and the mystical elements give a lot of societal winks/nods without being heavy handed.

Only 3 episodes in.. really enjoying this.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
This is top of my list to watch starting tomorrow afternoon. I'm hoping it's as good as most are making it out to be.

steve jaros

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Just finished watching this. I saw the movie during its original 1982 run and have always been a fan.

To me, DCAOR wonderfully captures the spirit and 'essence' of the film. If you liked it i would find it hard to believe you won't like this. All 10 episodes are excellent.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I couldn't get through the first episode because of the overly dense exposition that bored me. But holy shit, the cast list is bananas. It's like 50% of Hollywood is in this show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks