What's new

The Da Vinci Code, region 2 DVD release October 16th 2006 (1 Viewer)

andySu

Senior HTF Member
http://img.tesco.com/pi/entertainmen...470_DV_L_F.jpg

http://img.tesco.com/pi/entertainmen...470_DV_L_B.jpg

Getting close to October 16th 2006, and looking forwards to seeing this hearing it and feeling it, should be a trilling drama. I never had the chance to see this at the cinema in with an audience, reason being the quality of cinema sound has gotten so appalling over the past few years in my home town I don’t see it improving the quality of presentation.

I’ve heard the soundtrack to this by Hans Zimmer, and it was just bloody loud, “JBL” and thank goodness I’ve employed audio limiters for the three-screen to tame the sound, and keep it within legal limits, I can still get all the low end from the sub bass extension off of channels left centre right and split-surrounds, though the mixer consol and the LFE.1 which goes to the JBL 4645, is ample enough to be in your face if so needed.

It’s great it’s got lots of extras in the DVD region 2 package, and a nice design, looking forwards to doing an honest review on it and I doubt that I’m going to be disa pointed ether.

SVTStingRay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Daniel
this is gonna be the first dvd i buy from another region. region 1 is getting the regular movie, while the whole world will get the longer special edition. curses! thank god for region free dvd players.

Med

Stunt Coordinator
I think we in the UK are getting the theatrical cut too! I've ordered the R3 2-disc extended cut SE from CD Wow.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Well I haven’t seen the film and I’m looking forwards to the region 2 release date.

CULTMAN1

Second Unit
Real Name
Bruce Campbell
UK is getting the regular version as the US.
Australia is getting the extended version. ive ordered 10 copies for customers.

Brian Sharp

Second Unit
Real Name
Brian Sharp
Might like to consider the following when considering the region 2 version. I have only seen the UK release so not in a position to comment on the final released versions
"This film was originally shown to the BBFC in an unfinished version,
including a temporary score and sound mix. The BBFC advised the company
that sound levels during some acts of violence may be too impactful for 12A
and that the film was likely to receive a 15 classification. The final
score and sound effects on the completed film included differences in sound
levels which reduced the strength of some acts of violence to an extent
which made the film acceptable at 12A." (From British Board of Film Censors Site)

The run time for the dvd is shown as 142 mins 36 secs compared to the theatrical release of 148 mins 33 secs. Difference is probably due to pal speedup.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Brian

That’s sounds more or less what Simon Bates said on classic FM this year, I only caught a few words of what he said. I guess the sound mixing team where gong for something that would scare the living daylights out of audiences!

Still I’m looking forwards to buying it sometime next week or the week after, no rush.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Got my copy early and watched it this afternoon. My brief verdict is that it's an okay transfer but nothing special. The audio is very bass heavy.

For those who've not seen the film, I'd say it's like the book only without the page-turning excitement. The performances are generally leaden and the whole plot is very very silly, IMHO. However, your mileage may vary.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks