What's new
  • Announcing New Ownership at Home Theater Forum. Learn More

The D-Theater movie listings thread... (1 Viewer)

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Sorry to burst your bubble. Terminator 3 will be in the same boat as The Matrix and its sequels: Warner Brothers doesn't support D-Theater tapes so there will be no rejoicing any time soon...

Dan

Dave Anderson

Second Unit
Dan,

Good point. I just recalled seeing the WB logo during the last trailer. Oh well. Lets just hope Hulk gets D-VHS treatment, as I'm looking forward to that one too.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
No WB titles, no D-VHS for me. What good is a refrence 1080i sustem without some of the best HT titles around?

The Matrix (And it's 2 sequels), Lord of the Rings (all three of 'em), The Exorcist (I can live, a much fuller life, without the sequels), and Blade

And two of my favorite films In the Mouth of Madness, and Interview with the Vampire.

Aaron Cohen

Second Unit
A blank 420 minute D-VHS tape costs around 24 dollars correct? And that records for varied lengths of time depending on what you are recording, 1080i, 720p, or 480i correct?

Are you able to fit more than one recorded movie on a D-VHS tape? I'm thinking of getting into D-VHS but 25 bucks a blank tape seems a bit steep. I'm sure the blank tapes will eventually go down in price but I'm salivating right now at the 450 dollar D-VHS deck I saw. I was under the impression they were still over a grand.

Aaron Cohen

Second Unit
Can someone take a picture of the actual tape itself? I have never seen that. Your collection is awesome Albert. I can't see I care for all of the movies you have but I would definitely watch them in HD!

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I saw that as well.

I am flabergasted that they are going to release Ghost Dog on D-Theater! :eek:

I am a huge Jim Jarmusch fan, and I love this movie. A definite purchase for me! :emoji_thumbsup:

The Limey is also an excellent movie, and I will probably have to pick that one up as well.

Haven't seen The Ninth Gate. How is it?

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
According to Artisan, The Terminator will never see the light of day. :frowning:

Taken off the list. Street date updates.

FYI,

WSR gave Daredevil and Snow Falling on Cedars a 5 for video.

Troy

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
WSR gave Daredevil and Snow Falling on Cedars a 5 for video.
I just received my copy of the latest issue of WSR. Not only did they give Daredevil a 5 for video, but it received a 5 for audio as well.

They said that this is one of the best, most entertaining sound mixes encountered to date and should definitely be considered one of the latest and greatest home theatre demo's available!

Also, the soundtrack offers "an incredible sonic spectacle".

I have my copy pre-ordered!

htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Christopher a

Stunt Coordinator
Daredevil should be great. Hopefully, we'll see an X-Men 2 announement pretty soon. To be honest, Fox is the only studio that has really supported this format. Releasing "big" titles like Ice Age, Daredevil, and hopefully X2, day and date with dvd has really proved that. Keep it up Fox. As for you Artisan, if you don't want to be in the DVHS game, then back out completely. Stop teasing us with title announements, then cancelling them.

Chris

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Just received an Email from BestPrices indicating that they have shipped Daredevil, Something About Mary and Phone Booth.

I tracked the shipment, and they should arrive today. Pretty cool considering that the official release date for these titles isn't until the 29th. :)

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
Watch Daredevil the other night. There aren't really any eye popping demo worthy scenes since the film takes place mostly at night. But those dark scenes do look great. Can't comment on the sound as I had it down real low since the kids were sleeping.

Hopefully, I'll have time to watch Phone Booth tonight.

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
Saw this tidbit on WSRs software forum;

after writing to fox ref any fiture release dates, i got this reply.
Hello Kevin,

At this time, Fox has no plans to release any at this time. That does not means that later in this year some will come out (I feel around Christmas time there should be some coming out).
Thank you,
Megan R
Fox Consumer
888-223-2369
[email protected]
I called and she did say that X2 is supposed to make a splash but she didn't have a release date.

She also stated they will continue to support the format.

Troy

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PSYLNT2UHD
Recent bookmarks