What's new

The Cute Kitty Poll (1 Viewer)

Brad_W

Screenwriter
This is the poll were you list your favorite reasons as to why your cat is cute. Also, be sure to include a list a what parts of a cat you think are especially cute.

Here are mine:

1. My kitties snuggle together and are best friends.

2. Kitty paws are very cute.

3. Kitty noses are very cute.

4. Kitty behinds are very cute.

5. Kitty is general is very cute.

Story one: When my wife and I first got Lil Kitty he was a BIG eater. We had a lot of trouble keeping him away from our food. One time I was eating a bowel of cereal and Lil Kitty jumped RIGHT IN the bowel and started eating the cereal and drinking the milk. Needless-to-say, I didn't get to eat that. Also, I was eating a rather large steak and had cut it in half. Lil Kitty jumped up and grabbed the largest piece (which was 2-inches bigger than him!) and ran around the house with it in his mouth. It was very cute because the steak was dragging at his side beyond his tail!! When I approached him to get the meat, he growled at me with the steak in his mouth. It was too cute of a scene for me to take it away. I guess I'm "Kitty Whipped."

Story two: My wife and I were watching a movie and when we both looked at the floor all of our pets were sleeping together! Both the kitties were spooning and the puppy had her head nuzzled against Big Kitty's back. How frickin' adorable.

The list o' stories could go on, but I'd be here longer than I intended to.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Brad, I absolutely promise to have my kitty pics scanned soon. I'll post them to this thread.
Funny that nobody else has said anything. :confused:

Brad_W

Screenwriter
Rain, you better have those pics soon or I'll... just have to wait longer.
Very odd that no one has posted. I thought there were more feline fanatics here that would appreciate this and take opportunity.
Oh well, my threads have a half-life anyway!:)
Oh and Rain, thank you for being the first to post!:b

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Odo and Tux are my pride and joy. Even when I awoke last Sunday morning to find my Christmas tree of the floor and ornaments scattered all over the living room, I knew I wouldn't trade them for anything in the galaxy.

My wife, however, may have other ideas sometimes...

Kevin P

Screenwriter
My kitties (3 of 'em) are very cute. But then I believe ALL kitties are cute. :)
Misha: She's a playful brown tiger w/green eyes. She loves the fuzzy toy mice. She also likes to give kitty kisses, and crawls under the covers with us when we go to bed. She also loves cheese and will meow for it when we take it out of the fridge.
Jambo: He's a gorgeous black/brown longhair with big yellow eyes. What makes him cute (besides his looks) is his silly personality. He'll jump up on our backs when we bend over, he likes to sleep in the cabinet in the bathroom (up high), and he'll curl up and rest his head on Heather's head when we're in bed. He likes chicken, beef and broccoli.
Patches: She's a tortie with a loud motor, and isn't afraid to use it. She'll meow to you when she wants attention, loves to be held, likes to give kisses (I think she learned that from Misha) and she's a little rascal. She's been trying to open the Christmas gifts. Patches likes ice cream.
We love our kitties so much that we named our domain after them: patzcatz.com :)
KJP

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
I have 2 cats, a grey tabby and a medium hair black and white.

Cassie, the grey tabby, is female and 12 years old. She is very friendly. If you are new in the house, and especially if you are male, she will seek out your lap so she can nap there for the next few hours.

Isabella, aka Izzy B, Is a smella (when she exits the litter box), and Is a pest is a very weird cat. She acts like a dog. Has 2 big furry bones that she drags around the house. At christmas time she hides all her toys in the tree. I also have a yellow lab and Izzy just loves to growl at the dog for no apparent reason. The cat also eats the dogs bones, funny thing is the bones are on the counter and the cat paws them off the end so they fall onto the floor and break into smaller pieces, which she then eats.

I'll post pictured in the thread soon.

Thanks to all for their kitty stories!

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I can't even begin to list the reasons why my little buddy, Attila the Cat, is so darn cute. The reasons you gave would apply to my furball, as well.

Sometimes, on a lazy Saturday afternoon when it's warm, I'll see Attila sitting on the windowsill and I'll just stop whatever it is I am doing and stand there admiring his form.

Attila is so gorgeous it hurts. Really, where could I possibly begin? Those deep blue eyes? His perfect form? The way he reminds you of one of the big jungle cats? His litheness? You name it, he's got it.

Man, I love the little guy.

Mitty

Supporting Actor
Reasons Harvey is so cute:
  • he moans periodically in his sleep
  • he has a bedtime ritual of pacing the entire length of my bed several times looking for the most comfortable spot, but always sleeps in exactly the same place
  • he likes to hide behind things and peer out at me with only one eye
  • he meows when I'm in any room of the apartment with the door closed (including the bathroom)
  • he wags his tail when you call his name, even when he's sleeping
  • he plays fetch in the apartment
  • every day when the mailman comes, it's like a stunning revelation, as though it's never happened before.
  • whenever he comes across new people, he just sits at their feet and stares at them until they acknowledge him
  • he's so big that when he stretches, he can put both paws on the countertop
  • everytime I brush my teeth, he sits on the counter and insists on sniffing the toothpaste tube, and recoils at the minty smell of it...every time
  • and many, many more...

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Mitty, those traits could describe my kitty too. My heart melts at the very thought of Attila the Cat.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Well, I don't have the pics ready yet, but here's some cute stuff my kitty compadres do:
  • When I'm having a shower, Velcro comes into the bathroom and screams bloody murder. I think he assumes that because he finds water repugnant, I must also, and that perhaps I'm being tortured or something.
  • Every night when I go to bed, both kitties follow me in. Velcro sleeps in the same spot between my knees and Eddie sleeps right next to my head.
  • They both really dig antipasto (even the kind without the tuna!).
  • When I have people over, Velcro will always start with the newest person and will make a point of sitting for a while on every lap in the place, concluding with returning to mine.
  • If he's hungry and I'm sleeping in, Eddie will wake me up by putting his cold nose right into the corner of my eye socket. Damn, that's annoying, but how can you not find it adorable?
  • Velcro loves to sit in my guitar case (which for some odd reason smells exactly like Play-Doh).
  • Velcro freaks out and runs away every time I sneeze. He has no problem with coughing or other loud or sudden noise, but he just can't seem to get used to sneezing.

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
I don't have a pic either but some cute things about my cat are

She doesn't sell out the way dogs do

When I'm getting ready for school she hops up on the bathroom counter and makes me pet her

Always lays with me when Im watching tv

She'll bury her head under my hand to get me to pet her

She wins fights with the other stupid cat of the house

Other then that Katie just plain rules. And then there is the dumbest cat ever Mombo. He sucks.

Brad_W

Screenwriter
These are the great and CUTE reasons why I started this poll. I love hearing about cute kitty stuff.
Here are more from my cats:
  • Lil Kitty cries whenever anything happens.
  • Big Kitty has to do his "special dance" everytime he jumps on me or my wife. The "special dance" consists of him standing on me, staring at me, and kneading one paw at a time... hence: dance.
  • Lil Kitty's "special" disorder is: Schizophrenia.
  • Big Kitty's "special" disorder is Narcalepsy
  • Lil Kitty will let Big Kitty spoon him and groom him, but minutes later attack him.
  • I wake up every morning to find Lil Kitty sleeping by my face and Big Kitty by my feet. And my wife on the other side of the bed.
  • Both the Kitties love our puppy (her name is Genesis, but we usually call her Orange Puppy or Girl Puppy) and groom and snuggle her.
  • Lil Kitty is facinated by pretty much anything and everything.
  • Lil Kitty pees on our laundry. Oh wait, that's not really so much cute as it is annoying and nasty.
  • Big Kitty is so mellow that he can fall asleep while you hold him upside down.
  • When Big Kitty attempts to run away he jets out the door and runs down the first flight of stairs only to stop and allowed to be caught... every time!
  • Lil Kitty lays on the arm of the chair with all his feet dangling down and his chin hanging of the end of the arm looking down. He looks like he's flying.
  • They're kitties

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Conclusion? Cats rule!

To quote Samuel Clemens: "If man could be crossed with the cat, it would improve man but deteriorate the cat."

"...sell out like dogs do..."

LOL!

Mitty

Supporting Actor
Conclusion? Cats rule!
Conclusion carried. :)
If you guys wanna read an absolutely adorable guilty pleasure book, that'll have you "awwww"ing every few minutes, check out "The Cat Who Went To Paris" by Peter Gethers, a screenwriter who fell in love with a little Scottish fold named Norton.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Man, you guys need to stop. If I keep reading these posts I'm going to have to go out and adopt a kitten. :)
Seriously though, great thread.
- Walter.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
OK, I'll gladly admit to loving cats. I currently have three:
Maxie
maxie.jpg

- Big and fat female (black and white marbly-lookin' thing) about 9 years old. She's crabby when the other cats are around, but very nice when the house is quiet and I'm watching movies. Plus, fat cats are warm. It's like having a small heater right next to me. This cat is also very talkative, in that she'll go rrRRrrrrowr!!!! and wait for you to respond. I'm not kidding! She'll talk for like an hour.
Schenzi
schenzi.jpg

- My niece was about five when we adopted this kitten, and she wanted to name her after one of the hyenas from The Lion King. Schenzi's 7, also female and she looks like a paint store exploded on her. What this cat lacks in personality, she makes up for in her bizarre look. Orange, black, white, gray. She's a freak.
Louie
louie.jpg

- Only three years old, and already the boss. The only male cat here at home and definitely the king of the castle. Louie is easily one of the coolest cats I've ever seen (mostly white), despite being very fat and having a big ass. He's the only cat I've ever met who actually comes when you call him. Louie is very entertaining, in that he'll wrestle with my sister's annoying little dog (a Pomeranian*) for hours. More often than not, the cat kicks the dog's ass, which I like very much. I've heard somewhere that male cats are friendlier than females. I don't know if that's always true, but Louie's the freakin' man.
Thank you all for this opportunity to express my fondness for my trio of feline friends. Actually, I've kind of ignored them lately. I gotta go break out some of those nasty treats and pass 'em out.
(I realize that this is a thread about kittens, but I don't see me getting any new ones while these three are still with us. Hopefully, I won't have a new kitten for several years...)

*this is that damn dog:
misty.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks