What's new

The Crying Game tops list of Greatest Movie Twists (Spoilers ahoy!) (1 Viewer)

Paul_Sjordal

Supporting Actor
Empire Strikes Back? Please. When I saw that, I remember thinking "What's this soap opera crap doing in my Star Wars? Lucas, I hate you!" The revelation is something I consider a scar on an otherwise excellent movie.

In watching Sixth Sense, I was so upset at having to watch a child get more or less tortured throughout the film that the twist at the end didn't really have much of an impact on me.

I'm a sap, but in Ghost in the Shell I actually thought "No way!" when halfway through we learn that…
…the Puppet Master isn't a programmer, but a program.

I half expected the twist to Jacob's Ladder, but the moment was still immensely satisfying. Ditto with the ending to Unbreakable.

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
I'm surprised that Witness For The Prosecution hasn't been named yet. Nice double-twist. :)

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
What about Vertigo? That's a great twist. Sure, it happens two-thirds through the movie, but I'd still consider it a twist. (In the original book, the twist is revealed in the last few pages, but Hitchcock changed that.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks