What's new

"The Crucible (1996)" DVD ? Winona Ryder (1 Viewer)

Patrick Soucy

Second Unit
Hello,

I dont find any rumor or release dates for this great drama movie based on the Salem witch hunt events and the Arthur Miller's screenplay...

This movie was very good in my opinion, one of the best based on theses events.

Do you know if 20th Century Fox have any plan to release this movie on DVD soon?

Thanks.

Dan M

Second Unit
I've inquired about that one on several accounts myself.

I haven't heard a thing. I even started a thread a couple of times at the Studio and Manufacture feedback section a while back with very little response.

I would be happy with a barebones release. It deserves it's place on dvd. I believe Joan Allen was nominated for an Acedemy Award.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I just rented this on VHS (ICK!) tonight as I hadn't seen it in a while.

What a powerful film.....I cry at the end every time.

PBS had an interesting documentary on Arthur Miller and Elia Kazan last night. "The Crucible" was Miller's answer to the McCarthy witchhunts in their pathetic search for communists decades ago.

I sincerely hope FOX will release "The Crucible" on DVD in 2004.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
This would actually make a good modern addition to Fox's Studio Classics series, wouldn't it?

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Fox hasn't published a list of guidelines for what constitutes a Studio Classic in its series, so we don't know how modern they'll consider. But since this is an acclaimed adapation, won various awards and nominated for several Oscars (including Arthur Miller's screenplay from his already-classic play), and certainly serious subject matter, I would think it shouldn't be eliminated from consideration just because it's 7 years old---the AFI top 100 only disqualified the last 5 years.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Isn't there a general standard that a movie has to be 20 years old before it's a classic? (Discounting Disney's practive of declaring movies classics before they're even released.)

JulianK

Supporting Actor
The Crucible is being released by Fox in the UK, as part of their £9.99 budget range, on April the 19th.

No technical spec's have been released.

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
I hope it comes out soon. I'm trying to complete my Winona DVD collection and this, Night On Earth and Roxy Carmichael are holding me back, at least on the R1 side.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks