What's new

The Crow: Collector's edition (1 Viewer)

Rob T

Screenwriter
When I got my DVD of this I noticed that the cover was slightly larger than the case and so I find that I have to rearrange it so that it looks good eevry now and then.
Anybody else have this problem?

JerryW

Supporting Actor
Yup. Finally I just carefully trimmed the cover, then very carefully shrank the outer plastic a little bit with a hair dryer. Sucker doesn't move at all anymore. But, like I said, be VERY careful.
------------------
September 11, 2001
"Those who died will always be remembered.
Those who killed will never be forgotten.
We who remain will not let it happen again."

Matt G

Auditioning
Any word on a Canadian release for this?
I believe the rumor going around several months ago was that Alliance was holding off on releasing this pending participation of Alex Proyas.

Matt G

Auditioning
Rob, are you sure this is a Canadian release and not a U.S. import? The local retailers i've talked to have told me there is no canadian release date for the collectors ed. yet.
Thanks for the DVDBoxoffice info.

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
If they are waiting for Alex Proyas involvment, it will be awhile. He already cut a commentary for it and helped producte a 1hr making of. Both were axed at the last minute because they didn't include producer Jeff Most enough to his liking. Mirimax was green-lighting The Crow 4:Lazurus at the time and didn't want to piss off their producer, so they denied the material for inclusion on the disc. I mean -take a look at it: does it really require two discs for what you get? No. It's a quasi-Superbit!!
Screenwriter David J. Schow has a website and has an in-depth article on this subject. Pretty ballsy thing to do, but it's a damn shame what was lost due to arrogance and ego and he tells it like it is. Sorry, but I don't have the link.
So I believe that Mirimax has the rights to all of that content, as it's brand new. Sigh....
Matt
------------------
"And I say I'm dead, and I move"....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks