The Creeping Flesh: who controls the rights (Cushing, Lee, non-Hammer horror)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by StevenA, Aug 22, 2001.

1. StevenA

StevenA Second Unit

Often overlooked amongst the Cushing/Lee vehicles, perhaps because it's an Amicus film and not part of the Hammer canon, this is a fascinating title and one I'd love on disc.
    Does anybody know if Columbia still owns this one?
    I hope Anchor Bay can get their hands on it (I'm besotted with Anchor Bay at the moment, having just aquired Blood From The Mummy's Tomb and Scars of Dracula - what beautifully presented discs, with genuinely enlightening extras, special bonus discs, very insightful liner notes, original poster art repros inside the package... wow!)
    [Edited last by StevenA on August 22, 2001 at 12:05 AM]

2. Russ Felton

Russ Felton Stunt Coordinator

WOW! Talk about creepy coincidences. I was just talking to my friend about this movie not even 3 days ago. We were wondering the very same thing you are. I haven't seen this film in many years. It is definatly a classic. I hope it comes out real soon.
    Russ Felton

3. StevenA

StevenA Second Unit

That's amazing, Russ! It's not the kind of film I'd expect many people think about that often, so it is quite a coincidence!
    Glad I'm not the only one who'd like to see this on DVD.

4. Peter Apruzzese

Peter Apruzzese Producer

Peter Apruzzese
    I'd buy this one in a minute - as I'd buy ALL of the Cushing and Lee collaborations. AFAIK, Columbia still holds the video rights to this one, but I'm sure Peter Fitzgerald can confirm. Also, this was a Tigon-World Film Services production, not an Amicus film.

5. soop.spoon

soop.spoon Supporting Actor

Speaking of non-Hammer Cushing movies... I'd love for Anchor Bay to get ahold of Shock Waves. I was so pissed when I saw a review and then found out it was non-region 1 PAL.

6. Peter M Fitzgerald

Peter M Fitzgerald Screenwriter

Peter Fitzgerald
    I have been summoned... [​IMG]
    Columbia must still have it, as THE CREEPING FLESH has been getting a lot of play lately on Encore Mystery Channel, which licenses catalog titles from Columbia. On recent airings, it still featured the Columbia logo, with no other corporate logos present.
    --Now give me back my finger! [​IMG]

7. bob kaplan

bob kaplan Supporting Actor

bob kaplan
    the title was release on LaserDisc several years back. It was released by Image Entertainment along with several other great Columbia horror titles. I only hope that these make it to DVD before too long