What's new

The COVID Vaccination Thread (1 Viewer)

Arthur Powell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arthur
Since I got my J&J shot about six months ago, I'll simply walk into my local pharmacy next week and take a booster of whatever is available (assuming that Walensky signs off on the FDA and CDC recommendations).

Last edited:

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Well I celebrated recovering from the booster by making my other shoulder sore lol. Flu shot in. So far only shot site pain per usual. But it’s only been about four hours.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I’m getting my booster either tomorrow or Sunday morning. I got my flu jab last Sunday and would have gotten my booster at the same time but I didn’t know I was eligible to get one until I spoke with the pharmacist and I also didn’t have my vaccine card with me and had too much to do and didn’t have time to go back home and get it.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
48hrs following the booster - injection site still a bit sore. That's it. I *may* have had a very low grade fever last night but didn't check it to see. I had a slight "chill" feeling and just threw a heavier blanket on and went to sleep.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
A bunch of folks locally updated to allow Boosters this morning.

Walked into my CVS and got the Moderna Booster -- the Tech who was checking me in and registered me wasn't sure about mixing since they didn't have the Johnson, but checked the system and everything was fine. We'll see how things go for over the weekend

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Since I had Pfizer, I will likely get Moderna for booster when the time comes. But I’m not officially eligible so I can’t get it yet — unless I am from an essential, high-risk worker standpoint. <uncertain shrug>

But I’ve seen enough expert critique on the justification for boosters — some sense it’s a political / pandemic-theater driven decision — that I feel no urgency to get a booster. (Not dangerous, just not especially necessary.)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Had a Pfizer booster yesterday. They still made me wait the 15 minutes again. Just some minor arm soreness and a bit achy this morning, but that's already subsiding. The arm wasn't as sore this time as with the second shot six months ago.

I got the first two shots in the same arm before. This time I got the booster in the opposite arm. Not sure if that made any difference in the soreness, but an anecdotal observation.

They had all three vaccines at this location, but didn't offer me a choice (and I didn't ask). They seemed intent on matching the one I'd had before, as they asked me a couple times which one I had received the first time.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
They seemed intent on matching the one I'd had before, as they asked me a couple times which one I had received the first time.
I want to get the same vaccine as before simply because I didn't have any real side effects from the first two so I figure that my body is OK with that kind. That being said, I'm not eligible for a booster right now so it's a moot point.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I asked my doctor about the booster this past Monday. They told me to go to CVS.

So, I'll do that here shortly. I had something else coming up and didn't want to risk feeling like hell before I feel like hell.

They did give me a flu shot, though, and that did hit me a bit. Stuffy nose, a felt a little off the next day. Basically, the reaction I expected from the COVID vaccine but never had.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Ontario almost has a full vaccine requirement for everything. The latest news is about a new law proposing that you will not qualify for employment benefits if laid off because you are not vaxed. They are also questioning if anti-vaxers should be covered for medical expenses if they get covid.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I got a Pfizer booster shot today since I'm old.

Oddly enough they have to issue me a second vaccination record card as there's no "official" spot on the original one for the pharmacist to apply the sticker for this 3rd dose. The two original dose stickers filled up the entire space on the left hand side of the front of the original card.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I got a Pfizer booster shot today since I'm old.

Oddly enough they have to issue me a second vaccination record card as there's no "official" spot on the original one for the pharmacist to apply the sticker for this 3rd dose. The two original dose stickers filled up the entire space on the left hand side of the front of the original card.
Stickers, while easier to read and use, do take up more space. Where I had mine done, they have only written on the card by hand so they've been able to keep inside the available space. I still have room for another booster, if necessary later on.

My arm is finally almost normal today, after having the shot last Saturday. It's been kind of sore and warm to the touch all week. Not sure what that's all about, but the effects seemed to last longer than with the second shot.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Booster follow up: Within two hours, my wife reported arm pain, scratchy throat, extreme tiredness, a low grade fever, chills, body aches, and nausea. She described it like she felt she’s coming down with a bad cold or flu. This morning she says she can hardly lift her arm, it hurts so bad.

I can’t even tell I got the booster: no reaction, no arm pain, no anything. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks