What's new

The COVID Vaccination Thread (1 Viewer)

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Coincidentally, is anyone planning on laminating their Covid cards?

At our vaccination place, there was a notice posted from Staples saying they were offering free lamination of vaccination cards, so my wife and I went and had ours done (I'd been meaning to get my Medicare card laminated anyway). Like Malcolm, we have pictures of our cards on our phones, and are keeping the originals in our safe-deposit box.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
At our vaccination place, there was a notice posted from Staples saying they were offering free lamination of vaccination cards, so my wife and I went and had ours done (I'd been meaning to get my Medicare card laminated anyway). Like Malcolm, we have pictures of our cards on our phones, and are keeping the originals in our safe-deposit box.

I kept my social security card in a file folder for years, then I threw it into a metal box for another few years. The card is now virtually unreadable. It's so bad the DMV wouldn't accept it as ID and now I'm gonna have to get a replacement. I just don't want my Covid card to deteriorate to a similar condition. I had it in a shirt pocket for just a couple of hours and already it had bent corners lol.

A co-worker recommended not laminating it because if I ever need to get a booster shot in the future, I may need to present the card. Maybe they'll need to enter new information on it.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I haven't looked, but is there some reason not to just make a good copy and cardstock and laminate that and keep the original in a safe place. It should be nearly indistinguishable from the original (esp after lamination and I'm not 100% sure you'd need anything more official anyway from some place that didn't have access to a true Medical Database

At worst, surely it's in the Medical Database and should easily be replaced if you lost one.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
To all of those with a fire safety box, don’t forget to have nearby pair of emergency oven mitts. Otherwise, another shot may be at hand.;)
I’ve used fire safety cases for 30-some years simply to ensure I don’t lose passports and the like. It’s hard to misplace a 30 lb concrete briefcase.

Fire and water protection are added bonus. :)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
By the way, if this hasn't been brought up in this thread beforehand. Do not laminate your Covid-19 Vaccination Record Card because they will use that card to document any booster shots we get in the future. Just take a picture of the card on your smart phone and place your card in a safe place.
I made the quoted post on April 1st after my second shot about not laminating your vaccination record card.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Wow everyone's keeping their cards in safes and fireproof boxes. Is the Cvd card
I haven't looked, but is there some reason not to just make a good copy and cardstock and laminate that and keep the original in a safe place. It should be nearly indistinguishable from the original (esp after lamination and I'm not 100% sure you'd need anything more official anyway from some place that didn't have access to a true Medical Database

At worst, surely it's in the Medical Database and should easily be replaced if you lost one.

That's exactly what STAPLES did when I walked in to ask about the lamination. As much as I'd wanted to, I wouldn't have laminated it if they hadn't offered to make a copy. I knew those empty spaces at the bottom were probably going to be filled at some point - I was just wishing these two shots were it and we won't have to go back for boosters.

I didn't know that it was recommended we take two Tylenol after getting the shots to offset any side effects. I promptly walked into a pharmacy and bought a small bottle. Glad I did because I was beginning to feel like a cold was coming on. Felt fine afterwards.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Sounds about like my mother. Felt fine the rest of the day after the shot, but had a pounding headache the next day that lasted about 12 hours then let up. Gone the day after that.

My second shot is Friday. I didn't feel anything with the first shot. Not sure if there will be any bigger reaction to the second. Expecting to go to the gym the afternoon after the shot. Not sure what effect that might have on things. Seems like I've asked my doctor in the past about going to the gym after vaccines, and she said it would only help things "distribute" faster.
When my mom received the first Pfizer shot they told her to move her arm around - at least once an hour :)!

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Wow everyone's keeping their cards in safes and fireproof boxes. Is the Cvd card

That's exactly what STAPLES did when I walked in to ask about the lamination. As much as I'd wanted to, I wouldn't have laminated it if they hadn't offered to make a copy. I knew those empty spaces at the bottom were probably going to be filled at some point - I was just wishing these two shots were it and we won't have to go back for boosters.

I didn't know that it was recommended we take two Tylenol after getting the shots to offset any side effects. I promptly walked into a pharmacy and bought a small bottle. Glad I did because I was beginning to feel like a cold was coming on. Felt fine afterwards.
I plan to take some ibuprofen after my second dose in a little over 4 months. After my first dose two weeks ago, all I had was a single regular strength Advil tablet that I ended up saving for bedtime. I'm glad that I did, as there was no way I was getting to sleep otherwise, but it would have been nice to have had more at the time!

CHEERS! :)

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I plan to take some ibuprofen after my second dose in a little over 4 months. After my first dose two weeks ago, all I had was a single regular strength Advil tablet that I ended up saving for bedtime. I'm glad that I did, as there was no way I was getting to sleep otherwise, but it would have been nice to have had more at the time!

CHEERS! :)

You have to wait 4 months between doses? :oops:

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I don’t know in which country Tony resides, but some made the decision to get as many people their first dose as possible to provide partial protection, which meant a delay in getting their second doses due to constrained supplies.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I don’t know in which country Tony resides, but some made the decision to get as many people their first dose as possible to provide partial protection, which meant a delay in getting their second doses due to constrained supplies.
Tony is in Canada.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks