What's new

The COVID Vaccination Thread (1 Viewer)

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Would anyone care to adopt my 94 year-old mother?

Been protecting the Hell out of her since last March. For example, I’ve been keeping her cross-the-state-lines-without-quarantining relatives from coming inside her house; as they assured her that “they” were feeling fine.

Well, she has claimed to all of her land-line friends; and for weeks, now; that she would rather gift to me (or bequeath) her own vaccine shots; as I am younger than she and that I still have a future. I told her that it doesn’t work that way. But, I continued to inform her, that there are some select places that will also give the caretaker the vaccine when accompanied by the senior who qualifies.

Today, I told her of such a place; but that it was a two hour trip each way.

“I don’t want to be in a car that long”, she snapped.

“Mom, if you want me to get the shot with you, this is the closest location available”, I stated.

“Well, then, you’ll just have to go by yourself”, she retorted.

OMG, someone, please mix me a double Alka-Seltzer, Excedrin and Anacin cocktail; and I do mean quick.:oops:

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
I hear you and sympathize but, in my book, once a person makes 90 they should be allowed to do whatever they want. :emoji_wave::emoji_wave:
And so they do.:rolleyes:

As it was, John, I had been pitching for her to get an appointment, sooner; but it was made maternally contingent that I locate these specific “saw it on the news” sites, in an all-for-one and one-for-all mantra that had lately become one of her pre-occupations.

I told her that she came first and that I was more than prepared to wait my turn; even if it was as late as June. Plus, I have been rigidly following the CDC guidelines without becoming complacent; so I knew that I could endure and stay the course.

Now, with myself being off the table and free of this goose-chase, I’ll have her all lined-up with an appointment before lunch-time, tomorrow.

BTW, Thank You for this thread and for all of your sacrifices on these very front-lines of this off-the-hook pandemic.

Well done, good sir.:cool:

Last edited:

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
All the side effects I had from the 2nd Pfizer was sleeping 10+ hours that night.

Among our friends (most of whom are older than us) who are now getting their 2nd shot, we are seeing a trend that those getting the Moderna vaccine are experiencing more impact from side effects than those getting the Pfizer.

Each shot of Pfizer product contains 30 micrograms of vaccine. The Moderna product contains 100 micrograms of vaccine, more than 3 times the amount in Pfizer doses. Yet, efficacy is similar.

The CDC is already researching the possibility that the dosage size of Moderna's vaccine could be reduced and still be effective. That would help get more people vaccinated sooner.

Mark

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
24 hours since my second Moderna shot and only a slight sore arm but not as sore as the first shot. No other side effects so far but we'll see how it goes the rest of the day.
Just ignore the sudden loss of bowel function. It will...pass.
Just joking - I had pfizer and really no side effects. Well done.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It's been a bit over a week, and the big f'n bruise I got from the first shot is almost gone.

Never had a bruise with a vaccine before.
I think that's more related to placement of the injection rather than the vaccine itself. I don't bruise 90% of the time with injections, but there's always the occasional time when I do get one. If you happen to hit a blood vessel in just the right way, you'll get a bruise. Can't really be helped or prevented. It's just random.

I'll start the vaccine odyssey with my elderly parents in the next week. My father and step-father will get their first shots on Tuesday, then my mother the week after. Hopefully all goes well. All have had vaccines before with no issues, so this should be the same.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
876D3099-1780-4FA8-B8A8-964A7F0D9774.jpeg

48E31863-51A9-4954-B012-360E43EF32EC.jpeg

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
We get our 2nd dose of Pfizer tomorrow morning. I’m going grocery shopping very early in the morning out of concern I won’t feel like going on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Mark
Well your mileage may vary - but I've been telling everyone I had no real symptoms after the second shot. Don't expect the worst. For many of us it was a piece of cake.:emoji_cake:
Glad you're getting #2 - don't forget protection doesn't really kick in until about 2 weeks later.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Well your mileage may vary - but I've been telling everyone I had no real symptoms after the second shot. Don't expect the worst. For many of us it was a piece of cake.:emoji_cake:
Glad you're getting #2 - don't forget protection doesn't really kick in until about 2 weeks later.
Yeah, based solely on the word of mouth that I've heard or read, it seems like most people have no real reaction or a mild one from the second shot.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Got the 2nd shot at 10:20am (4 hours ago). No side effect so far, not even a sore arm.

In two weeks (when we've reached supposed maximum immunity), we are going to PARTY! :)

Not really...

For the foreseeable future we will continue to mostly stay home, continue to wear DOUBLE face masks when there's a chance we'll get near other people and continue to use copious amounts of hand sanitizer and other disinfecting products. The only change (in two weeks) will be the willingness to use a public restroom if needed (wearing double masks, of course). We haven't been in any restroom besides our own since March 5, 2020. The willingness to use public restrooms will mean we can go for longer drives and perhaps stop somewhere for takeout food to enjoy in the car or on a picnic table in the mountains.

At some point, when new virus cases are very very low, we will start considering the idea of dining inside a restaurant. But I don't expect that to happen until at least mid Summer, if not later.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks