What's new

The Cosby Show (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Should I subscribe to the Columbia House DVD collection of the Cosby Show or wait for season-sets. I don't hold out much hope for the latter because the show's copyright holders, Carsey-Werner, have no studio affiliation nor a home video division.

PatrickL

Deceased Member
I guess I'm one of the few people who never saw this show when it originally aired (even though I worked in the building where it was filmed at the time!) but now that I've caught a few reruns on Nick at Nite, I'm a fan.

I dug up this post because I have the same question. I'd like to know what these Columbia House discs are like, since this appears to be the only way to get some of this series on disc.

I've never bought any Columbia House subscription titles before - I'm guessing that the discs are "best of" compilations, rather than sequential and complete? I couldn't find anything informative about this (nor about disc quality) but I'm hoping that someone here knows about this.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
MatthewA's original post brings up an excellent point about Casey-Werner.
I can't think of a single show from them that has made it to DVD:
  • Cosby Show
  • Cosby
  • A Different World
  • Roseanne
  • Grace Under Fire
  • Profiler
  • 3rd Rock From the Sun
  • Normal, Ohio
  • That 70's Show
  • That 80's Show
  • Grounded for Life
...and probably more that I can't think of right now.
It seems like they would be ripe to partner with someone (maybe Fox or Paramount?) to put some of these out. There are several mighty popular series on that list!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks