The copy of 2010 THE YEAR WE MAKE CONTACT I got sez it's anamorphic, but it's not.???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rachael B, Jan 7, 2002.

1. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    I got a copy of 2010 , Warner #65053, at Busted Buy and it doesn't seem to be what it's labeled as. One side is a "standard version" and the flip side is a "widescreen" version. The widescreen version is purported to be "enhanced for widescreen TVs". It sure isn't!
    I set-up my Wega 450 for anamorphic squeez as usual. The image was very skinny and the people were fat with big heads. When I turned off the squeez mode the perspective looked more or less correct.
    Is this release generally defective? Are they all mislabeled? Does mine have the wrong disc in it? Is there a better edition of this film out there? I'm getting a Malata DVD-N966 player, so I will be able to play out-of-region discs when it arrives. Is there a better release in another region, perhaps, or here (R1)?
    I'm taking 2010 back to Busted Buy 2-morrow. It ain't what it sez it is. Can I get a proper anamorphic copy somewhere? Thanks for any info.....

2. Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze Producer

It is letterbox just like the previous MGM.

Watch out for Goodfellas as well!

3. Paul W

Paul W Second Unit

Good luck getting anything out of Best Buy. You might want to contact MGM directly. I tried this about 6 months ago, but never got any follow up from MGM.

4. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    Paul,[​IMG] , I said it was a Warner title. Have you considered a reading retention course? Is there a good release of this one in another region? I'm getting an all-region player. I could use to get my first out of region disc. Anybody?

5. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    I did exchange it at Busted Buy for another title. They make things so difficult. It was a very irritating experience. What should of taken 5 minutes took an hour. DVD Empire here I come! Again I ask, is there a decent out of region DVD of 2010? Anybody?

6. Justin Lane

Justin Lane Cinematographer