What's new

The copy of 2010 THE YEAR WE MAKE CONTACT I got sez it's anamorphic, but it's not.??? (1 Viewer)

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I got a copy of 2010 , Warner #65053, at Busted Buy and it doesn't seem to be what it's labeled as. One side is a "standard version" and the flip side is a "widescreen" version. The widescreen version is purported to be "enhanced for widescreen TVs". It sure isn't!
I set-up my Wega 450 for anamorphic squeez as usual. The image was very skinny and the people were fat with big heads. When I turned off the squeez mode the perspective looked more or less correct.
Is this release generally defective? Are they all mislabeled? Does mine have the wrong disc in it? Is there a better edition of this film out there? I'm getting a Malata DVD-N966 player, so I will be able to play out-of-region discs when it arrives. Is there a better release in another region, perhaps, or here (R1)?
I'm taking 2010 back to Busted Buy 2-morrow. It ain't what it sez it is. Can I get a proper anamorphic copy somewhere? Thanks for any info.....

Paul W

Second Unit
Good luck getting anything out of Best Buy. You might want to contact MGM directly. I tried this about 6 months ago, but never got any follow up from MGM.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Paul,:rolleyes:, I said it was a Warner title. Have you considered a reading retention course? Is there a good release of this one in another region? I'm getting an all-region player. I could use to get my first out of region disc. Anybody?

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I did exchange it at Busted Buy for another title. They make things so difficult. It was a very irritating experience. What should of taken 5 minutes took an hour. DVD Empire here I come! Again I ask, is there a decent out of region DVD of 2010? Anybody?

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Paul, , I said it was a Warner title. Have you considered a reading retention course?
The original 2010 release was put out by MGM. When the rights transferred over to Warner, apparently they just reused the same transfer but mislabeled the packaging. At this time it is the best you are going to get in R1.

J

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks