What's new

The "Cool Quotes" Thread (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Got any famous, or cool quotes you have heard in your lifetime? If so post them here. Thanks a Bunch! Here are a couple I remember( I tend to favor more whimsical quotes myself): "It is one thing to anticipate death...it is quite another to see it coming"-? "I've wined, and dined with kings, and queens and slept in alleys and eaten pork n beans"-The American Dream Dusty Rhodes.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Jim Mcc said:
"I'm your huckleberry" "Go ahead, make my day"
Nice! Giant-"I'm on the brute squad" Mircale Max eyeing the giant through his small door window-"You are the brute squad"

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away.
-philip k. dick-

Where you come from is gone. Where you thought you were going weren't never there. And where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it.
-Wise Blood- (1979)

"Eenie meenie and miney-mo
Told me you'd'n't want me around no more
Woo-ee baby, woo-oo-ee
Baby don't you let your dog bite me"
-F. Domino-

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
"Idealism increases in direct proportion to one’s distance from the problem." - John Galsworthy

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H.L. Mencken

"Bitch set me up." - Former D.C. Mayor Marion Berry

John Gido

Second Unit
Henry Gale said:
"Eenie meenie and miney-mo Told me you'd'n't want me around no more Woo-ee baby, woo-oo-ee Baby don't you let your dog bite me" -F. Domino-
OMG... you have me roaring with this one! :D

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
A former boss of mine at a previous job in higher education stated this gem: "We are over budget. However, it is not due to mismanagement or overspending."

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
As a proponent of minimalism (in general, and in software interfaces in particular)... "A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away" - Antoine De Saint-Exupery. - Walter.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
"The human race is just a chemical scum on a moderate-sized planet, orbiting around a very average star in the outer suburb of one among a hundred billion galaxies. We are so insignificant that I can't believe the whole universe exists for our benefit. That would be like saying that you would disappear if I closed my eyes. " -Stephen Hawking

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory." - George S. Patton "The principal difference between an adventurer and a suicide is that the adventurer leaves himself a margin of escape (the narrower the margin the greater the adventure)." - Tom Robbins "Happiness: a good bank account, a good cook, and a good digestion." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau "Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves." - Albert Einstein "Controversy equalizes fools and wise men - and the fools know it." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

MrsMac

Agent
Real Name
Kim Andrew
On growing older, from “If You Ask Me: (And of Course, You Won’t)” by Betty White: “It’s not a surprise, we knew it was coming—make the most of it.” "The trouble with quotations on the Internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine." -- Abraham Lincoln

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. Thomas Jefferson.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
On a recent cruise I was on, the Captain addressed us each morning with a morning address (duh), which he invariably ended with a personal "wisdom for the day".

Probably from a book (or a list he had gathered together). But this was a real gem:

The early bird catches the worm.

But... the second mouse catches the cheese.

(Made us all think about the early mouse as well.)

Cees

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
There was an old owl that lived in an oak, The more he heard, the less he spoke; The less he spoke, the more he heard, O, if men were all like that wise bird! PUNCH MAGAZINE, LXVIII, 155 [1875]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks