What's new

The "Cool News from E3" thread (1 Viewer)

paul h

Supporting Actor
IGN have some nice PS2 videos of GT4, Castlevania!!!, Syphon Filter, SOCOM2, Jak2, Rise To Honour, Downhill Domination, Prince of Persia, Sphinx, Res Evil Online, Ratchet and Clank2...

Dave.A.C

Agent
Xbox.com has a bunch of E3 trailers, including 90% of the press conference (the missing 10% is the Halo 2 demo).

Xbox TV

Oh, and WMP9 is required for these, I believe.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Saw the choppy Castlevania: Lament of Innocence video.

I liked the look more than I thought I would. I'd still KILL for a 2D monster like SotN, but it was not meant to be. This game does look rather promising. You could argue it's very DMC-like, but considering DMC was a CV rip into modern times...that's ok!

Trying to check out a few of the Rebel Strike videos. I like what I have seen a LOT.

Halo 2 is still the shiznit, though.

Take care,
Chuck

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
It will have an anti-piracy feature

Any bets on how many seconds before it is bypassed?
Actually, given the non-standard disc size (physical) and data structure and the fact that it appears encapsulated (and you can bet that the drive will be designed ONLY to take the encapsulated discs) this will keep piracy to a bare minimum because it's not so easy to copy games, blank media is unavailable to home users and it's a hekc of a lot of work to the bootleggers

Joel Hurley

Stunt Coordinator
-Xbox Live Sports Network,.... It was all I and my friends could talk about as we played the 2k3 Live games, the one thing that could send us over the edge and never be seen again.
-Tracking stats and organizing leagues is a dire need as those of you who tried to maintain our HTF NFL2K3 league know. After a month and and half our league sank into the murky depths because not all members could not keep up the work needed to sustain it. I'm just glad MS has listened to gamers and tried to develop this aspect of thier network. Now if MS can just avoid the plague of stat errors that many a games before have endured???

-For Steel Battalion, going Online, ...now it gets interesting, talk about immersive action! Implimented with improvement over other live game mistakes before it, with the Live head-set and the mother of all controllers!!! I'm not gonna go crazy over it now, but the potential experience the game could provide, Mmmmmm!

-And I am also dissappointed by Rare, but more importantly I am itchy over the fact that both Conker and Ghoulies are prominently displayed on sites like IGN during E3 week,.... I hope that those games fall off of the radar as superior game announcements develop. The sooner the better!

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Man... sounds like some good stuff comin' up! :D

... I'm still waiting to hear about this years booth babes though. ;)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
For you guys wanting to get into x-box action. Looks like microsoft may also be dropping the price of the box to $179 as well. ebworld.com has it at that price now as well

capt

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
For you guys wanting to get into x-box action. Looks like microsoft may also be dropping the price of the box to $179 as well. ebworld.com has it at that price now as well
Not low enough for me. When it hits below $150 then I'll think about it. Any info on the xbox media player thingy?

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
With the early buzz targetting $150/150/99, this $180/180/129 is quite dissapointing.

I wonder if Nintendo and Microsoft will both continue to provide free games with their price drops.

Bryan_ZZ

Stunt Coordinator
Mike,

I don't understand why you would wait another year for the box to go that low - you are denying yourself alot of fun for $30. Xbox Live makes it that much more of a good investment.

Go get it!:)

Bryan

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
$179 isnt bad at all for the x-box as it has everything built in already and comes with 2 free games

capt

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I don't understand why you would wait another year for the box to go that low - you are denying yourself alot of fun for $30. Xbox Live makes it that much more of a good investment.
Yeah yeah yeah, I know, but currently the only game I want to play on it is Halo. But that'll be out for the PC in a few months anyways so then Halo 2 will be the only game that I'll want to play. The limited time that I actually set aside to play video games does not give me warm fuzzies to dump a ton of cash just to play 1 game considering I already have a gamecube and PS2.

Gotta pick my battles :) I may just never get an xbox and just wait and see what their next box is like.

Ian_Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
is anyone else let down there is no rallisport 2 news/ announcement?
I loved Rallisport, Andrew. With that and PGR, I was in driving heaven for a LONG TIME! I'd probably be more upset about the news if I was expecting to see something, but I try to go into E3 not expecting anything.

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
Well I don't think I could want a game more than Fable and Halo 2. Both look absolutely outstanding, I'm going to have a very hard time waiting for these two to finally come out.
Are there any pictures of the new PS2 anywhere?

Dean

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Any links to the full 11 minute Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater?

I don't want to pay for it, or have to sign up and cancel...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks