What's new

The Cook, The Thief, His Wife & Her Lover (1 Viewer)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Having a bit of trouble finding this one at a reasonable price.
DVD Price Check has 3 vendors listed. One says it's discontinued, one is Canadian and thinks my phone number should have at least 6 digits. So do I.
And one is Amazon that claims to have the disc for $11 and change, until you click on them and they tell you the disc starts at $44.00. :thumbsdown:
BTW...how much is "$12 cad"????

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
This is OOP? Really? I kept hearing things about how a lot of Miramax's old catalog -- the titles that weren't part of the initial Disney deal -- was going to revert to Anchor Bay at some point. Now with Miramax folding, I'm curious if we'll EVER see titles like Drowning By Numbers, The Double Life of Veronique, K2 and Delicatessen (at least R1).

It's a good disc. Largely bare-bones but by far the best video presentation of this gorgeous film.

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
I've seen alot of these discs at HMV, going for around $10 if I remember correctly.

Great film, but I don't think the video quality is near what it could've been. There are some obvious digital artifacts, and the image is too soft.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
A very strange film that needs a strong stomach. I'll have to watch my copy again soon.:D

RafaelB

Second Unit
I loved loved LOVED this movie when I first saw it. Although I was a little queasy towards the end, mostly because I had BBQ ribs for dinner beforehand.

The I saw it, the more disturbed I was from the brutality but it's still quite a beautifully-composed film.

Rafael.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks