What's new

The continuing issue of Blu-ray Reviews on HTF (1 Viewer)

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
One of my greatest internet pet peeves is clicking on an article only to find that to actually read the article, I have to click on another link. Usually, if I know this is going to occur, I simply avoid clicking on the article in the first place. I primarily view the blu-ray forum, and I usually skip looking at any of the HTF reviews just because one can never read them without clicking another link. Apparently, there is a section on HTF just devoted to reviews. However, Robert Harris's posts are capable of being read both in the blu-ray forum and on the review section. This I appreciate as I almost always read his posts. I do not understand why, if this nuisance can be eliminated for Robert Harris, it can't for everything else. At one point in the distant past, I think one could read reviews in the blu-ray forum. That was before the situation was "improved."

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Ambassador
Real Name
Tony D.
I brought this up yeas ago when this started but was told basically too bad this is the way it is going forward.
I rarely click through to an article.

Adam Gregorich

Owner
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
It's a production issue. Reviews originate as an article, AFWA originates as a forum post as there is are minimal formatting requirements. There is a template that reviewers use that requires Word Press so they can't originate in the forum. If you don't want to click twice, just visit the home page and you will see all the reviews there. There are also links on the toolbar to 4K UHD reviews: https://www.hometheaterforum.com/category/media-reviews/uhd-review/ and Blu-ray reviews: https://www.hometheaterforum.com/category/media-reviews/blu-ray-review/ I think our software reviewers do an amazing job with their reviews and they are worth going through the double click t read, but if you don't want to click through twice to get to them use the links on the toolbar (pasted above) or swing by the front page where you will find not just reviews, but industry news and the most popular threads on the forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jstjohn83
Recent bookmarks