What's new

The Contender ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Even Sugar Ray agreed with Anthony. Saying if it means getting money to take care of his kids. He also would have picked the easier opponent.

Diallo B

Screenwriter
as i stated earlier, i understand why he did what he did.

but why did he have to lie to his team? if you want to be a 'man' and take care of your family. be man enough to be level with folks instead of lying to them and using them.

i understand why he made his decision. i just don't agree with how he handled the situation. if he wants to be a good example to his kids then, imo, he did not set the proper example.

a man's word is his bond.

if you can't take a man for his word what is his worth?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
He lied because he had to make sure his team would put forth the effort to win the competition so that he could have the power to decide who to call up to the line.

The rules of the game dictated certain manuevers if a player wants to control his fate when he's next up to box.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Man that was a good fight. West team fighter really did look like a caged animal.

I kinda agree. It did make for some good tv though.

todd stone

Screenwriter
what a strange Contender episode. Also, my bets are that BABYFACE is coming back. I also thought I saw a clip of him boxing in a different arena, per the upcoming attractions.

And what's with Juan? Scared?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Juan might have never been cut that badly in a fight, and he was worried that he doesn't heal quick, which would make the cut a problem in the next fight.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I think the problem with Juan is that he's a sissy who shouldn't be boxing.

He could just be a scared kid, but it was embarrassing and all of the other boxers seemed to dismiss him as a poseur.
There is some good footage here that didn't make it on the air.

The clips clearly show Ahmed coming back--and it looks like he fights Alfonso.

The other fight looked like Ishe vs. Sergio.

The interesting thing will be to see how the fights are arranged.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
4/24/05

Good fight between Ishe and the Snake, the twists and turns of this competition probably comes from most of these fighters not being known enough to set up the viewer's expectations, and when the "upset" is scored, it makes for good TV.

Now, that obstacle course was plain silly because there are so many places to twist a knee, turn an ankle, etc.

Hour 2:

Wow, another tough fight between Alphonso and Ahmed, both fighters giving it their best, trading shots and just leaving it inside the ring.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
GREAT FIGHT TONIGHT!

Joey surprised me, but the more skillful fighter won in the end even though Manfredo showed some flaws.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It looked like Manfredo took a couple of rounds off, but luckily the headbutt didn't cost him the decision.

todd stone

Screenwriter
I am glad Manfredo one. I hope he wins the whole thing.

Anyone else getting a little tired of "super dad" and everything is about being a good dad?? Over the top imo.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
5/8/05

Lots of good punches thrown in the later rounds.

Whew, I was scared #1 Daddy was going to out-round Jesse, but #1 Daddy couldn't stay away enough in round #5 to not get knocked out. Dummy.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Jesse got lucky--30 more seconds and it would have been a different story.

I don't think Jesse can win another with the fighters that are left.

Diallo B

Screenwriter
i don't care if he can win another fight. i'm glad he won that one. arrogant #1 daddy got knocked the f*@k out! i jumped out of my seat and hollered when he took that massive uppercut.

on top of that it was not a lucky punch. daddy was in there throwing wild and jesse came up with the ultimate counter. you can plainly see that he set it up and executed a phenomenal uppercut. then he had the presence of mind to come up with another one right under it.

tis true that in 30 seconds the fight would have went to daddy, but being aggogant and careless lost him the fight. as stated above, "dummy".

but i am pleased.

JasonB

Agent
So who's going to win this whole thing? I'm certain Jesse won't. My bet is with either Sergio or Alfonso. They both seem to be much stronger boxers than the other two. Though they did seem to highlight Peter for the upcoming episode.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Wow...what a knockout. Couldn't help but feel sorry for Anthony but what the heck. I was rooting for Jesse anyway, even though he was clowning around way too much in the ring.

Down to the final 4. This is going to be great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks