What's new

The consolidated "I want to see HEAT get a special edition" thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
I have the British R2 DVD of LA Takedown (the 1989 NBC tv movie that is essentially the first version of Heat).
It's amazing how much dialogue and even specific shots are similar between the two. I don't know if they could include this in a future SE, but it would be a unique special feature (how many filmmakers have actually made a first-pass "work-in-progress" of a script?!?)

Ron_L

Second Unit
i was thinking about Heat at work today and was thinking why there wasn't a SE of it.

I'm down for a petition to Warner Bros.

Dharmesh C

Supporting Actor
I don't think we'll be seeing a SE, Mann doesn't like DVD extras and is quite reluctant to participate even in a documentary.

It really needs a new transfer, can't imagine WB spending money on a new transfer and re-releasing it as a barebone package again.

Glenn_Jn

Stunt Coordinator
Besides Cuckoos Nest, Amadeus & Unforgiven what other 2 disc SE's have WB done? Weren't those 3 Oscar winners?

The only thing that would get me to buy this film again is if the video quality is restored and a great transfer is done. Extras I can live without.

I was doing a split screen comparison of the TV and DVD versions a few days ago and one scene that was cut was most of the scene where Pacino finds his step-daughter (Natalie Portman) unconscious in the bathroom.

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
The up coming King Kong is supposed to be a three disc set.
I'm pretty sure the guy who said that was the same guy who claimed it would be a Criterion edition and subsequently turned out to be a complete fraud. Unless there's some independent source for the three-disc info I wouldn't get my expectations up. Not that it wouldn't deserve three discs, but I don't think it's gonna get it.

T r o y

Supporting Actor
HEAT is my all-time favorite crime saga story movie !!
Although I like the current release, I sure would buy up a
Special Edition in a heartbeat with hopefully improved
video and audio , more specifically a DTS track added.
But being Warner, they do not support DTS at this time.:frowning:
You get a petition going, I sign!
Later!

Glenn_Jn

Stunt Coordinator
I might be wrong but don't the Lethal Weapon Directors Cuts have a DTS track? and aren't they from Warner?

Douglas Bailey

Second Unit
Real Name
Douglas Bailey
I might be wrong but don't the Lethal Weapon Directors Cuts have a DTS track? and aren't they from Warner?
Yes and yes, but... it's my understanding (based on no specific sources that I can remember) that Warner agreed to include DTS on the revised Lethal Weapon discs as "an experiment" and then blamed the low sales of those discs on DTS.
They didn't represent the first step in a new policy of open-mindedness and inclusiveness, in other words. :)

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
Twister and Interview with the Vampire were part of that DTS "test run" as well. Their latest DTS disc was True Romance: SE.

The only time you can maybe count on a DTS track on a WB release is if Morgan Creek produces the disc.

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
I am not too concerned with a DTS track, due to the Dolby Digital track on the current release is still one of the best,nor am I concerned with all the extra's. I just want a much better picure. The picture is very grainy and an all around poor transfer. This movie is one of the best crime drama movies ever. And is my favorite. Please give it the attention it deserves. President Palmer could look so much better with a good video transfer. PLEASE Warner Brothers! PLEASE!

DarrinH

Second Unit
I don't care about extras, but a new transfer and new audio mix with DTS would definitely get my dollars!

Matthew_S

Second Unit
i know a lot of people use Petition Online. As for who you would send it to....i'd ask Ron or maybe one of the Admin's could help you out here. You'll obviously want to link to the petition once you create it in this post.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
A "Heat: SE" DVD would be an immediate purchase for me! Especially if they got Pacino and Deniro to do a commentary! Then at last they can be in the same room together! (Ouch! Is that Mike Knapp knockin' on my door?) :D
Seriously, this is a great film that deserves SE treatment, and I would double-purchase this title immediately (esp. if they could put the "rumor" to rest somehow...) ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks